Acer 5750G
INTEL CORE i5-2410M -2nd Gen Processor
15.6" - 1366*768
NVIDIA GeFORCE GT 540M 2GB
RAM:4GB,
HDD:640GB,
WIN7 HOME PREMIUM

Its costing me Rs 37000.

The laptop is for my sister, and her basic use would to watch movies, some office work, surfing the web.

My budget is upto Rs 40000. Any suggestions apart from the above mentioned model?

Any reviews on this model are also welcome.

dark_horizon said:
I am planning to get a laptop from Dubai, through a friend. The config is

Acer 5750G
INTEL CORE i5-2410M -2nd Gen Processor
15.6" - 1366*768
NVIDIA GeFORCE GT 540M 2GB
RAM:4GB,
HDD:640GB,
WIN7 HOME PREMIUM

Its costing me Rs 37000.

The laptop is for my sister, and her basic use would to watch movies, some office work, surfing the web.

My budget is upto Rs 40000. Any suggestions apart from the above mentioned model?

Any reviews on this model are also welcome.
37,000/- INR for this config seems awesome. Where are u getting it from? I would be most interested in knowing if this is an online buy or if ur getting it from some store off lamington/nehru place

Also thanks to phoenix for finding the reviews :)

He mentioned in his post that he is getting from Dubai. I don't think it has been launched in India yet. Maybe in the next couple of months.

Thanks for the reviews, @phoenix.

I am going ahead with this one. Was considering core i7 2nd gen, but its going way above my budget. Visited Lamington road a few days back, and the prices are too high compared to the quotes am getting from Dubai.

What are the quotes you are getting? Because unless Acer launches this laptop officially in India, we'll keep getting weird fluctuating prices from different places.

K guys,

I am considering a similar laptop acer 5750g but the configuration is slightly lower

core i3- 2.1 ghz

3 GB RAM

500 HD

540M GPU

at 38k with Win 7 Basic,Is it decent price?

Which i3 is it? First gen or second? IMO at that price the 3gigs of RAM are a bit of a let down. Is there any option for 4GB RAM? Although you could upgrade the RAM soon after you buy but not only will that void your warranty but you will probably be burdened with a 32-bit OS at sale. After the RAM upgrade you'll have to manually install a 64-bit OS. I mean in this day and age why trouble yourself with 32-bit computing anymore?

Better to spend a little kore now and be at peace for the next 2-3 years.

Dont take Acer.I have an acer and it build quality is not upto the mark.Even if the dell is costly and its config is also low then also opt for dell.

Dude even I have an Acer and it has not given me any problems till now in it's 3 years. (btw it just turned three today!! :p)

Please mention what problem did you have with the build quality. Just saying it's troublesome is not enough.

^ I think its the new i3 range,

But yeah 3GB ram,and has a 32 bit Win 7 Basic

I guess the Z series from lenevo is a better option for budget <35. Atleast they are giving 4GB ram and a 64 bit Home premium. But the Gpu (520m) does leave a lot to be desired..

2.1GHz is the new i3 2310M

Model Name | A43SJ-VX114D

Color | Grey Aluminum

Display | 14" HD Glare

CPU |"Intel Huron Riveri5-2410M(2.3G, 3M)"|

VGA |NV GT 520M 1G DDR3 VRAM

RAM | 4G DDR3 1333

HDD | "500G5400rpm"

ODD | DVD RW 8X SM DL

WLAN | 802.11 b/g/n

BT | BT 3.0

Webcam | 0.3M

Battery | 6 Cell

OS | DOS

Warranty | "1-Year GlobalOn-Site"

Accessories| |

PRICE | 35349/-

Check the local stores. This Asus is pretty good value for money. I couldn't find it in ebay.

neojjjk said:
check asus A53SJ-SX156D ..^^same specs with 15.6"screen .

price is 36k w/o laptop bag
Buygamingstuff was selling that 14"cher for that price. Excellent config :)

For your purpose, grab a non-discrete GPU based laptop, with better screen instead.

The GPU will be a waste, add couple hundred grams for nothing.

Plus, that will save good amount of bucks, all for good reason!

Back