Buying from Decathlon

One should never wear newly bought shoes for trekking. Shoes should be broken into before trek starts.

Also one size above your regular shoe size should be bought assuming socks are worn during trek.[DOUBLEPOST=1482573987][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/breaking-in-hiking-boots.html

Used the shoes for about 10 days continuously before the trek and also bought one size larger than usual. I was hoping that it would become comfortable once I start the trek. Also Decathlon did not help in refunding the amount and I was left with the shoes and instead of keeping it idle thought I could atleast use it. All their hiking shoes have the arch in the heel section and exchanging it was out of option.

This is the exact model I bought

http://www.decathlon.in/p/8285370_q...iking-shoes-brown.html#/4914-272-uk_5_5_eu_39

I have a flatfoot and this model has an arch in the heel section. I did try it on in the store but it looked comfortable at that time. The real pain starts when it is worn for a long time. Absolutely avoid it if you are a flat foot.

Most trekking shoes do have an arch. You would have to read a bit before your next purchase. Also consider the weight. Its too much for many people who are on treks. lighter shoes helps.

Most trekking shoes do have an arch. You would have to read a bit before your next purchase. Also consider the weight. Its too much for many people who are on treks. lighter shoes helps.
Yes, All trekking shoes have an arch and not a small one atleast an inch at the heel. Is there any type of shoes for flat foot people especially for trekking?

give merrell or salomon a try. I met this guy some years back on trekking who had either of the two brand ( most likely merrell). He was flat footed.

This seems to be the running theme. If they fit, they fit perfectly. Or else they don't. I got lucky I guess, they always fit me well. Just bought trekking sandals yesterday

All their stuff is good quality. I try to buy whatever i can from them. For the price they charge you ca't get anything better seriously.

Last edited:
All their stuff is good quality. I try to buy whatever i can from them. For the price they charge you ca't get anything better seriously.
Yes, except for the shoes all are good quality products but I would not say the quality of their shoes is not good but I had difficulty using it.

Back