Buying from Snapdeal? Don't trust the reviews.

angie

Disciple
I bought a levis jeans from snapdeal.com

order id: 3744701931
Date: 28th , November 2014

Due to various reasons I was not able to open it before the 7 day return period (I wasn't aware of this, I mostly shopped from myntra before so was habitual with 30 day returns).
When I opened it later, I found holes in it. I informed snapdeal and they gave a generic response that return period is gone.
It was my fault so there was nothing more I could do.

So I posted a review of the product on the site saying 'I bought a NEW ORIGINAL jeans and found holes in it'. Proper English and no bad mouthing crazily.

Amazingly snapdeal haven't published the review till now (its more than 48 hours). I have emailed them twice and now they are asking me to send the review in email. Are you kidding me?

I wonder, to how many people this is happening. Many won't care about this if at all they post the review.
Moral: Don't the trust the ratings or reviews of snapdeal.

Last edited:
Not sure whether they are not publishing your review deliberately, but I have seen at least a few negative reviews on Snapdeal for many items. Of course, the good reviews may be fake as you say, and that is the case with Flipkart, Homeshop18 and others as well.

I am not saying the good reviews are fake. The jeans I bought was being sold for Rs 400 less I guess, so the seller might simply be trying to get his hands off the bad ones.

As for the bad reviews, I don't think every user will go back to check if their review has appeared or not (since they are not published immediately).[DOUBLEPOST=1418816817][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't think flipkart has ever removed a bad review. (I read one news item once though, not sure if it was flipkart.) I used to rate SD as a trusted website though, atleast that perception got broken. Might have bought a TV from them soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1418817041][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me know if you guys know any place else where I can post this.

Last edited:
There is an backend problem with snapdeal, they're having no control over the seller.

I have a problem with the CEO who thinks bringing more and more small business would make his company better, Some sellers are here to dupe customers and make quick money.

Finally, the frontend customer care is crap when asked to cancel the order, they said they did and after few hours i get message that they're going to ship the items, Manually i have to cancel again through portal. Completely GyemD

Alright, shoot an email to kunal bahl, you will get your refund.

I don't think flipkart has ever removed a bad review.

Speaking from personal experience, FK does censor poor reviews for items.

There have been numerous occasions when I have visited a FK page for an item that has several "1 Star" reviews.

When you try and click on the 1 star reviews you are often shown NOTHING.

Apart from this, I have personally posted a negative review ONCE for an item on FK.

The review showed up on the page for 2 hours before suddenly "vanishing" like it never existed.

So don't think for one second that FK doesn't censor poor reviews. They do. Maybe not all the time but its certainly not a one off thing either...[DOUBLEPOST=1418833567][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't know why people still use Snapdeal. STOP BUYING FROM THEM!

^Pretty much what I did. I think some people just blindly buy from wherever they get the lowest price possible without considering who/where they are buying from. You only have yourselves to blame.

Caveat Emptor...

Last edited:
Snapdeal - Have bought 2-3 things from them and all were good. I left good reviews but they never got into the product page. I think they have some technical issue.

FK: Have left both good and bad reviews. 2 reviews of mine were deleted (they mailed me and gave me 24hours to edit). Both regarding bad packaging. Their take was that such reviews are supposed to be left in sellers feedback (there is a clear diff now. But not the case earlier).

Snapdeal - Have bought 2-3 things from them and all were good. I left good reviews but they never got into the product page. I think they have some technical issue.

FK: Have left both good and bad reviews. 2 reviews of mine were deleted (they mailed me and gave me 24hours to edit). Both regarding bad packaging. Their take was that such reviews are supposed to be left in sellers feedback (there is a clear diff now. But not the case earlier).
On snapdeal I am not even able to find an option to rate seller.

I ordered approximately 5-7 products mostly bathroom accesories and a vaccum cleaner
All came fine
The bathroom accessories were broken 2 out of 5
Raised a request for replacement
They refunded the money in form of snapdeal cash.
So my experience was preety OK
Maybe in your case because of the nature of the product there are more chances of getting duped or getting a defective product.

I don't know why people still use Snapdeal. STOP BUYING FROM THEM! They're absolute crap. Just because they air ads on TV every 5 minutes doesn't make them good.
read on another forum. someone bought a brand new HDD, it came with pirated windows pre installed and also p0rn :p

Snapdeal has horrible horrible customer support. and they always give generic reply. Read my conversation with them:

Hi. I would like to buy Lenovo G5070, either this one http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g5070-notebook-core-i3/1923868622#bcrumbLabelId:57 or this one http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g-5070-notebook-core/383841076#bcrumbLabelId:57

I have couple of questions:
1. Do I get official warranty from Lenovo?
2. Is the seller is Lenovo authorized seller?
3. Can I get my warranty extended officially from Lenovo? (lenovo extends warranty only when laptop is bought from authorized seller)

Thank you

Snapdeal Support, Dec 04 14:57:
Dear *******,

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com

Snapdeal guarantees 100% customer satisfaction, security, quality, support and value for money.

All products sold on Snapdeal are original and covered under fixed period manufacturer warranty for hardware or software issues, wherever applicable. Please read the product page carefully for more details.

Visit the Snapdeal Guarantee page (http://www.snapdeal.com/info/guarantee) to know more about this.

We would like to inform you that you can now cancel or return/exchange your orders with a single click in “My accounts” section by going to https://www.snapdeal.com/myorders

In case of any further assistance or clarification on this issue, please reply back to this email.

Assuring you of our best services always,

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Team – Snapdeal.com

Guys, did you even bothered to read my email?

can you please answer all questions? Especially about warranty extension?

Dear *******,

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com

Snapdeal guarantees 100% customer satisfaction, security, quality, support and value for money.

All products sold on Snapdeal are original and covered under fixed period manufacturer warranty for hardware or software issues, wherever applicable. Please read the product page carefully for more details.

Visit the Snapdeal Guarantee page (http://www.snapdeal.com/info/guarantee) to know more about this.

We would like to inform you that you can now cancel or return/exchange your orders with a single click in “My accounts” section by going to https://www.snapdeal.com/myorders

In case of any further assistance or clarification on this issue, please reply back to this email.

Yours sincerely,

Are these sellers Lenovo Authorized Sellers?

There are about 25 sellers for this laptop: http://www.snapdeal.com/viewAllSellers/product/lenovo-g5070-notebook-core-i3/1923868622

All are Lenovo Authorized Sellers? If not, can you tell me which are Lenovo Authorized Sellers?

Thank you,

Dear **********,

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We are writing to inform you that we are working on your request to update you at the earliest. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

Yours sincerely,

Snapdeal Support, Dec 07 14:11:
Dear **********,

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that Snapdeal doesn't sell products directly, we have tie up with many sellers who sells their product on our website. We assure you that you will get the manufacturer's warranty as mentioned by the brand.

All products sold on Snapdeal are original and covered under fixed period manufacturer warranty for hardware or software issues, wherever applicable.

We also would like to inform you that there is 1 Year Onsite Warranty on the mentioned product.

Yours sincerely,

Please kill yourself. Have a good day.

fcktards took 3 days and still no proper reply. finally I gave up. (and also found better offer)

and also see that SNR is very high in their replies.

Last edited:
Moral : Dont use Snapdeal.
Best advice.
And as for the negative reviews from what I heard they are being hidden from users and seen by only FK themselves. Negative reviews used to be removed long ago. I guess they now moved to hiding them. and Snapdeal Twitter won't do shit. They may ask for your order no. but will never get back like in my case.
...but thousands and thousands of people will still buy from them..And as for me personally I'm sticking to Amazon India. May not offer the best price but haven't disappointed me with their prompt delivery and effective c/c.

Last edited:
There is an backend problem with snapdeal, they're having no control over the seller.

I have a problem with the CEO who thinks bringing more and more small business would make his company better, Some sellers are here to dupe customers and make quick money.

Finally, the frontend customer care is crap when asked to cancel the order, they said they did and after few hours i get message that they're going to ship the items, Manually i have to cancel again through portal. Completely GyemD

Alright, shoot an email to kunal bahl, you will get your refund.
"Bade Meow", you rock. I sent a mail to their CEO and today I got a call that they have initiated my return. I will get a refund. Thanks a lot.

Going to stay away from SD as much as possible.

Last edited:
On snapdeal I am not even able to find an option to rate seller.
me too. i wanted to give a seller a negative review but didn't see any option for it.
anyone knows how to do it or where the option for giving reviews is?

"Bade Meow", you rock. I sent a mail to their CEO and today I got a call that they have initiated my return. I will get a refund. Thanks a lot.

Going to stay away from SD as much as possible.
It works. Stay away, if you are dissatisfied. Presently the back end is pretty much shitty, Let them improve themselves.

Same thing happened to me with Jabong.com...
Posted a review on their site about the quality of an UCB t-shirt and how it was different than the pics posted on the site... Nearly 2 weeks later I checked whether the review has appeared on the site but it wasn't...
Immediately sent a mail to customer care and some management... Soon they called and inquired about the problem... I asked them why was the review not posted... The reply was - "If the review contains anything about Jabong service, it would be rejected"... :banghead:
So from now on no more jabong.com for me anymore....

Back