Buying from Snapdeal? Don't trust the reviews.

Same thing happened to me with Jabong.com...
Posted a review on their site about the quality of an UCB t-shirt and how it was different than the pics posted on the site... Nearly 2 weeks later I checked whether the review has appeared on the site but it wasn't...
Immediately sent a mail to customer care and some management... Soon they called and inquired about the problem... I asked them why was the review not posted... The reply was - "If the review contains anything about Jabong service, it would be rejected"... :banghead:
So from now on no more jabong.com for me anymore....
Don't they give 30 days no questions asked returns like Myntra?

Don't they give 30 days no questions asked returns like Myntra?
Yes they give returns but unfortunately in my case, when I received the shirt, which I thought was white colour, looked a bit dirty or greyish like cement color.... So I washed it before using... Hence I couldnt claim for a return... Instead I just wanted to post a review stating the colour difference between the product pics and actual product... Hence wanted to post a review on their site...

I have bought many products from Flipkart. One educational CD was badly damaged. I sent photos. They forwarded another CD for it and the courier person took the damaged one along with him. But Flipkart is costly compared to others in the market for some of the products. There are webportals like Infibeam who sell cheaper than Flipkart don't allow any review for the products. I go through mouthshut and others through google to just check the seller credibility. Flipkart's WS Retails is bit more reliable.
I posted a comment for a product about a product in product's facebook page. As it is a fact and will damage their sales they removed it immediately. So moderating exist in all review system. Flipkart certified Buyers are bit more accurate.

I cannot vouch for all products. Only for products which I am interested in. Trying to brand people is very uncivilized way. I never came out in support of any web portal. In fact if you read between lines you will understand that I am all praise for flipkart service.

Regarding price just look for Dell U2414H which I am monitoring for quite a while. Snapdeal around Rs.29000; Flipkart around Rs.26000; and Infibeam around Rs23000, ABGB and IT Depot around Rs21900. The product actually cost Rs 17500 in Singapore. In this website I read some body purchased in April2014 directly from Dell for Rs 17000/. That's how I registered in this website so that I can seek help to buy this product. (See https://www.techenclave.com/communi...y-dell-ultrasharp-u2414h.167034/#post-2003748 in techenclave)

But I have not considered buying from Infibeam which at some point in time was selling at Rs19200/- when flipkart was around Rs23000/- because reviewers, at Mouthshut, had made some negative comments about their service especially when product returned due some defects. And LED prone for dead pixels and I don't want to take risk.

Last edited:
I could not find a customer service contact on snapdeal.
There is option to return product, but not to contact.
Finally sent a tweet. To which i got a response from snapdeal_help that they are looking into it. Its been a week, no further response.

I could not find a customer service contact on snapdeal.
There is option to return product, but not to contact.
Finally sent a tweet. To which i got a response from snapdeal_help that they are looking into it. Its been a week, no further response.
Pretty positive there is a contact us/help page for snapdeal.

No email address. Some stupid dropdown forms. and they have given mobile number. Not even toll free :mad:
Yeah it aint toll free, and the number looks like a mobile number but it ain't.

But yeah not toll free, used to have email help option too, maybe it changed...

I've ordered multiple items (~ 20 items) from Snapdeal. Experience has been positive till now. I had just 1 issue with the lowest priced item I had ever purchased on Snapdeal.
I had purchased a Laptop cooler, the seller had put just the Snapdeal plastic cover over the original packaging. Hence, the item I got was broken due to 'courier mishandling'. I took some pics and sent it to their customer care. They refunded the cost of the item and the courier charges. The process took around 2 weeks to complete.

I've ordered a GREAT deal from most of the e-commerce websites. Most of them try to do their best and help the customer in case of issues, sometimes time taken is a lot but noone tries to cheat on purpose. The only company that I feel has cheated me till now is PayTM. They have no customer care, only care e-mails to which you get template-ish replies, I even had to raise an issue to their complaint department but to no avail. Apparently they are declining 50% of their transactions and then refunding that amount on the user's PayTM account. Since they're very aggressive at advertizing their popularity is pretty high, and thus they are fooling a lot of customers, check their reviews to confirm. I believe they are investing this amount illegally in something else or running away with that money. Most people I know who've used PayTM agree with me on this. Please beware of PayTM.

Well as usual, I love Snapdeal and Snapdeal loves me.

uploadfromtaptalk1419414714674.jpg

@aman.pitbull I have had good experience with PayTM till now. Shipping is a bit slow (But that may be the fault of the seller as on PayTM the seller ships on his own).
But the prices are(were) unbeatable.

@aman.pitbull I have had good experience with PayTM till now. Shipping is a bit slow (But that may be the fault of the seller as on PayTM the seller ships on his own).
But the prices are(were) unbeatable.
I've done 4 transactions on PayTM till now, all of them have failed and the money reflected in my PayTM account, instead of the bank account. They have no live customer care number/representative. The last transaction I did that too of the highest amount failed as always but it was not even refunded, I mailed their CC for 2 months, and their customer care stopped replying altogether. The sellers are decent but PayTM is NOT. PayTM has > 53% -ve feedback/reviews, I think you were very very lucky.

Run away from Snapdeal!!!
Buy from Flipkart Advantage sellers like WS Retail and Amazon fulfilled products and avoid snapdeal and you will enjoy online shopping.

Exactly my mantra!! Snapdeal is a big fraud! No quality control or logistics of any kind.

I have had many bad experiences. I fell for them because of discounts

**Bad experiences in Product Quality and selling fake products**

Order id: 3282700763, 1092956068, 1253552268

I was delivered a defective Amkette Nexus 6D Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo; Micromax Battery For Micromax Canvas HD A116 and Philips HL1632 Juicer Mixer Grinder. Needless to say; all were defective and broke down in 2 weeks! Again the culprit was my greed and discounts being offered. Wanted to slap their customer care hard because of non-responsiveness!!

** Bad Experience in Delivery and Customer service**

Order id:3958301161, 3966357906, 3293534509

I ordered a Samsung EVO 32gb sd card, Story @ Home Orange Cotton Printed Double Bedsheet With 2 Pillow Cover and a Cowon EM1. I bought them on some offer for some lesser price. The bad story is that they didnt deliver to me even after 15 days when they were shipping from Delhi to my Delhi address only!! Their courier guy claimed I was not available for receipt. I never got a call from them. I suspect it was a ruse from them to show inflated topline and not an actual sales.

Meanwhile I got delivere numerous (9-10) products from Flipkart, amazon, jabong, myntra, erd store and arise store at much faster rates. Yeah, even small stores like arisestore !

Snapdeal is a big disappointment! The customer care is powerless , robotic and to top it all not toll-free!

Stupid site!
Run away from Snapdeal!!!

I have ordered quite a few items from.SD, AND god bless, all products i got are genuine,.except for puma shoes , i got used ones but sd replaced it immediately

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419514354500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419514354500.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Back