Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Hey guys,

I need a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 for my line of work but it isn't sold in India. What would be the most effective way (cost and reliability) to purchase one and have it shipped to me in Chennai? Unfortunately, I don't have anyone coming here anytime soon.

Hey guys,

I need a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 for my line of work but it isn't sold in India. What would be the most effective way (cost and reliability) to purchase one and have it shipped to me in Chennai? Unfortunately, I don't have anyone coming here anytime soon.

That is exactly what I was searching for today. :D:D If you go in junglee, they have some sellers and iBhejo is the cheapest with around 58k for the core i3 model. But I don't know how realible it would be. Else there is ebay with a couple of sellers claiming ready stock.

That is exactly what I was searching for today. :D:D If you go in junglee, they have some sellers and iBhejo is the cheapest with around 58k for the core i3 model. But I don't know how realible it would be. Else there is ebay with a couple of sellers claiming ready stock.

That's a fairly decent price but the i3 is useless for me and the i5 is too expensive there. I was hoping to do some research and buy it next month from the US when Black Friday hits. I just don't know how to get it shipped :(

Surface pro 2 is available for shipment from US not Surface pro 3 same will be case even if its black Friday or cyber Monday if some seriously wants this lemme know and i will ask around

How to pay on Tigerdirect.com website through India debit card?

Just gone through the deal for i5 processor & on the way to checkout unable to complete with my HDFC international debit card..
Even I have tried with paypal.. but payment not accepting
try using a virtual credit card for one time use.

Customs, margins.,.etc.etc adds upto 100%? :eek:

Can't say but remember that VAT gets added at each step of the chain. Also, If it is going to a wholesaler, distributor, and then a retailer...there is a good chance that each of them is keeping a margin of 10-15%. These things add up at the end.

But i'm sure Samsung is undervaluing their products since other phones don't seem to have that much of a discrepancy.

Two good deals from Amazon USA.
1) Seagate Backup Plus 5tb at Black Friday price of 139 USD. Comes to 11800 after factoring shipping & Customs using Amazon global.
2) Friends TV Series Bluray Collection comes to 79 USD. Do note they are Region A discs.

i am planning to buy an AVR from Amazon.com

there is an option to pay in INR or USD.
which option should I use to place order for best forex rates!?
Amazon is offering 67.45 INR exchange for 1 USD [including all charges] while prevailing rate is 63.5 USD.

earlier when i went with USD pruchase on Amazon [for a much smaller amount], my bank added extra charge over the purchase price but I am not sure what is the percentage or how it is calculated.

i am planning to buy an AVR from Amazon.com

there is an option to pay in INR or USD.
which option should I use to place order for best forex rates!?
Amazon is offering 67.45 INR exchange for 1 USD [including all charges] while prevailing rate is 63.5 USD.

earlier when i went with USD pruchase on Amazon [for a much smaller amount], my bank added extra charge over the purchase price but I am not sure what is the percentage or how it is calculated.

Going via bank way would save you some money I guess; approx Rs.1.5-2/$

Back