Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Sorry. It is about using Direct DC option, where some DC is not working on International Sites. I tried SBI DC ( Don't remember which one) back in 2018 & Kotak DC for the same transaction on Amazon USA. Both failed.

Sorry. It is about using Direct DC option, where some DC is not working on International Sites. I tried SBI DC ( Don't remember which one) back in 2018 & Kotak DC for the same transaction on Amazon USA. Both failed.
I use kotak DC on amazon. It works. you have to enable international transactions on kotak mahindra app (but afaik it was enabled by default)

Thanks for all the replies and updates guys.

Here's my update with what I found.

I was finally able today to use Paypal with a linked credit card set as preferred payment method in Paypal to order on ebay.com (via ebay.in). Direct CC still not working as of this morning (it just loops repeatedly from the checkout to the OTP page and back to the checkout page on entry of OTP). CC's were enabled for international transactions before attempting the checkout. Paypal with a linked CC also did not work (it just sat there spinning and timed out) until I set a particular CC as the preferred payment option in Paypal.

Looks like the problem could be that ebay.com is (as of now) unable to handle the OTP step in between that IN CC's require per RBI regulations. Paypal with a linked CC set as the preferred payment mode in Paypal worked without prompting for OTP. I finished the txn and immediately disabled international txns on the CC as a safety measure.

I use kotak DC on amazon. It works. you have to enable international transactions on kotak mahindra app (but afaik it was enabled by default)
How do you get around the OTP requirement with a debit card and an international site ?

Payal charges an extra commission i think. Using either a CC or DC will be cheaper but then there is OTP business.

Didn't think OTP was required for CC's as well

How do you get around the OTP requirement with a debit card and an international site ?

Payal charges an extra commission i think. Using either a CC or DC will be cheaper but then there is OTP business.

Didn't think OTP was required for CC's as well
no OTP required for international purchases done using international use enabled credit/debit cards of any indian bank

Guys, need your advise on this.
My aunt and my cousin are planning to purchase Tab S6 in the US and my aunt is bringing it to India for my uncle.
The problem is she already has Tab S4 for her own use. Can she bring 2 tablets from USA? If so how.

Guys, need your advise on this.
My aunt and my cousin are planning to purchase Tab S6 in the US and my aunt is bringing it to India for my uncle.
The problem is she already has Tab S4 for her own use. Can she bring 2 tablets from USA? If so how.
ask her to carry one tab in cabin luggage and the new tab in check-in luggage. discard the box if you dont need it. place the tab between clothes when placing it in check-in luggage

Which is a preferred website if I want to buy something from US and get it shipped to India? iShop International, iBhejo, SNS (does it have paid membership?) which one to opt?
I want to buy a trackball mouse not available in India. Total weight is less than 250 Gms.

Which is a preferred website if I want to buy something from US and get it shipped to India? iShop International, iBhejo, SNS (does it have paid membership?) which one to opt?
I want to buy a trackball mouse not available in India. Total weight is less than 250 Gms.
I am using i2c world. If yoy want, i can share contact details.
Fyi, customs duty has increased recently.

Bro have you imported anything recently I used to import lot of used stuff from eBay via PPO box pre Modi gov but after that many laws got changed and importing used items was banned as far as I remember Haven't checked after that till now, please give some light your advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Bro have you imported anything recently

Bro have you imported anything recently I used to import lot of used stuff from eBay via PPO box pre Modi gov but after that many laws got changed and importing used items was banned as far as I remember Haven't checked after that till now, please give some light your advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Bro have you imported anything recently
Yes i regularly import stuff.

Back