Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

In case anyone is interested, Fire HD 10 is going to be $80 on Black Friday from amazon.com. You can ask @Ra.hul on how much it will cost delivered to you in India to see if it makes sense. This is new version of Fire HD 10 with USB-C port and some other things.
I have old version bought back in 2018 August so I have it for past 2+ years. I am very satisfied with the tablet.

Things to note:
Fire tablets do not have google play store installed by default but it is very easy to do so.
They are super media consumption devices and if you only task is watching videos, strongly recommend them against iPad etc.
Widescreen is great for movies and TV shows.
Plays Full HD on netflix etc apps as it has L1 DRM.
Stereo speakers are great but are downward firing.
My son is currently using it daily 2 Hours for his zoom calls for online classes.

I personally used this tab as my TV while I was in US, for almost 1 year. It served me great and I have consumed media for numerous hours on this.

Make sure you buy a case too as you won't find case in India. Or you will have to buy from aliexpress.
1605869249396.png

lol, this is is the first time i've seen a tablet come with ads or without ads. Wonder how this would work out once you use it in India.

View attachment 94032
lol, this is is the first time i've seen a tablet come with ads or without ads. Wonder how this would work out once you use it in India.

Probably you heard it first time but this is the norm for amazon tablets and kindle eReaders. The subsidize the price by showing lock screen ads and such. But if you tell them nicely, they will turn off for you. In India too it would work the same, ads will be shown. In my fire tabs (I have Fire HD 10 and Fire 7), I don't have any lock screen ads.

In case anyone is interested, Fire HD 10 is going to be $80 on Black Friday from amazon.com. You can ask @Ra.hul on how much it will cost delivered to you in India to see if it makes sense. This is new version of Fire HD 10 with USB-C port and some other things.
I have old version bought back in 2018 August so I have it for past 2+ years. I am very satisfied with the tablet.

Things to note:
Fire tablets do not have google play store installed by default but it is very easy to do so.
They are super media consumption devices and if you only task is watching videos, strongly recommend them against iPad etc.
Widescreen is great for movies and TV shows.
Plays Full HD on netflix etc apps as it has L1 DRM.
Stereo speakers are great but are downward firing.
My son is currently using it daily 2 Hours for his zoom calls for online classes.

I personally used this tab as my TV while I was in US, for almost 1 year. It served me great and I have consumed media for numerous hours on this.

Make sure you buy a case too as you won't find case in India. Or you will have to buy from aliexpress.
But RAM is only 2GB .
Approx would be costing 8k . Isnt it expensive for the specs ?

Probably you heard it first time but this is the norm for amazon tablets and kindle eReaders. The subsidize the price by showing lock screen ads and such. But if you tell them nicely, they will turn off for you. In India too it would work the same, ads will be shown. In my fire tabs (I have Fire HD 10 and Fire 7), I don't have any lock screen ads.
It's not that i haven't heard of adverts in phones. It's just that you have the option of having them at a cheaper price or paying a little more to remove it. Unlike MIUI which literally shoves it down your throat.

Or just install adblock on the device and stay tension free?

But RAM is only 2GB .
Approx would be costing 8k . Isnt it expensive for the specs ?

Don't forget it will cost more to ship as well. Well can you let me know a good comparable tablet available in India? I am not questioning or being sarcastic, I am genuinely asking, especially any good 8 incher too. I may be interested.
Or just install adblock on the device and stay tension free?

You can probably do that but why not just connect to amazon via their chat and just ask nicely to stop the ads. They will do it.

Don't forget it will cost more to ship as well. Well can you let me know a good comparable tablet available in India? I am not questioning or being sarcastic, I am genuinely asking, especially any good 8 incher too. I may be interested.

You can probably do that but why not just connect to amazon via their chat and just ask nicely to stop the ads. They will do it.
check out Samsung Tabs & HonorPad5 , 10-13k Depending upon offers

Nope. Infact. Let me get you in on a Secret. Their “No Ads” device also has ads. Just not third party ads. And not to mention they track you and your data. Adblocker for all devices is a Must. Whether iOS, Android, Windows, Mac or Linux.

Looking for a 40GB+ Cheap VPS in BF sale. Want to use as small Seedbox , VPN and PiHole etc tinkering stuff
If anyone comes around it pls tell . Had a 40$/year 40GB VPS 4 years back . Was a fool closed it and let it go

Looking for a 40GB+ Cheap VPS in BF sale. Want to use as small Seedbox , VPN and PiHole etc tinkering stuff
If anyone comes around it pls tell . Had a 40$/year 40GB VPS 4 years back . Was a fool closed it and let it go

LowEndTalk will have many deals on Black Friday & Cyber Monday

The Kindle Fire line is one of the best for that price,and they can last for 2-3 years.

The ads and lack of ads can be fixed with this

LowEndTalk will have many deals on Black Friday & Cyber Monday

The Kindle Fire line is one of the best for that price,and they can last for 2-3 years.

The ads and lack of ads can be fixed with this

I am mostly getting the Fire HD 8 to watch videos while travelling and such. Assuming it goes to $54.99 price next week, I will end up paying ~₹8000 delivered to my home.
I am watching slickdeals and have set alert.
Fire HD 10 @ $80 deal is live on amazon.com

Last edited:
Big sale on Msi products. Upto 90$ off on motherboards. Starts 25th November.

Just a few days ago, Microsoft had an amazing sale where they sold Galaxy Tab S7 for $350 and Tab S7+ for $550. These prices are like half of their current Indian prices and even if their was a steep custom duty, they would have cost at least 25% less than Indian prices.
Sadly sale got over very quickly. Keep an eye out folks and keep posting in this thread.

Where can I get an unlocked iPhone (XS,11, 11 Pro) in the US? Looking for Black Friday deals in an around Dallas or Online

Where can I get an unlocked iPhone (XS,11, 11 Pro) in the US? Looking for Black Friday deals in an around Dallas or Online

I highly doubt you will get new unlocked deals anywhere as most big box stores have deals only when you add lines or go into the 24 months installment payments. I I remember back in 2018 when I was in US, walmart had scheme for $450 back if you buy iPhone 8 and activate with verizon. Sound great on paper but overall the deal is super messy and requires you to cancel line after 2 months and may rest of payment and such.

You best bet is looking for used phones on swappa.

I highly doubt you will get new unlocked deals anywhere as most big box stores have deals only when you add lines or go into the 24 months installment payments. I I remember back in 2018 when I was in US, walmart had scheme for $450 back if you buy iPhone 8 and activate with verizon. Sound great on paper but overall the deal is super messy and requires you to cancel line after 2 months and may rest of payment and such.

You best bet is looking for used phones on swappa.
Thanks. That was useful. I checked Swappa and it seems worthwhile. Any tips on buying through swappa?

Can also check Apple's own refurbished ones. They are generally 15% off, carry 1 full year of warranty. They claim that they replace outer shell and battery for all refurbished devices.

Is this a good deal if a friend is bringing it over ?
16 TB, $279.99

Is this a good deal if a friend is bringing it over ?
16 TB, $279.99
Shows $519.99.

Back