iOS Buying iPhone 12 Pro Max

Don't get the Japanese version. You CANNOT mute camera shutter sound unless you jailbreak or remove speaker from the phone. Any other variant would be ok.
Oh man I already bought it, I read your message just now.

I already bought it, is camera shutter the only problem with Japanese iPhones?

Anyways, I don’t sneakingly take pictures of people so camera shutter sound is not a big deal for me.
If I have to take pictures of some criminal activity I will take it from a distance and take the advantage of its 2.5x telephoto zoom. In noisy environment the shutter sound is nearly Mute

Coming back to the original point the smartphone is brand new though I suspected the seal when I saw a tape on the opening of the seal. Before activating the device I went to about information to check the warranty status and it showed me the message, please activate the device. That guy said that it can take a couple of hours to show warranty information after activation. But in my case it took less than a minute. So it showed that the warranty is till July 31, 2022

So thank you everyone for your help

Oh man I already bought it, I read your message just now.

I already bought it, is camera shutter the only problem with Japanese iPhones?

Anyways, I don’t sneakingly take pictures of people so camera shutter sound is not a big deal for me.
If I have to take pictures of some criminal activity I will take it from a distance and take the advantage of its 2.5x telephoto zoom. In noisy environment the shutter sound is nearly Mute

Coming back to the original point the smartphone is brand new though I suspected the seal when I saw a tape on the opening of the seal. Before activating the device I went to about information to check the warranty status and it showed me the message, please activate the device. That guy said that it can take a couple of hours to show warranty information after activation. But in my case it took less than a minute. So it showed that the warranty is till July 31, 2022

So thank you everyone for your help
Like everyone has told you before, you might not get the warranty in India unless you are able to show the original purchase invoice.

Yes the dealer gave me Indian invoice. When I showed it to service Centre he ignored the invoice but said it’s purchase location is US

I attacked that invoice
TL;DR: Whoever sold you that watch is a big time scammer. :/

This is fake! The Product entry, Buyer's Billing and shipping address are in bold, Different font, Spelling mistakes. GST/PAN belong to a different company. Whoever sold you the Watch likely use a free PDF editor.

Since it's a free PDF editor, It can't _really_ edit elements in the PDF. What it can do is write more layers on top of the existing content. Then, They also forgot to rasterize/flatten the whole thing so if you click + drag on it, You can see everything that was added afterwards using that software.

Edit #1: There are also multiple layers on top of each other. There was some other address with the name `Rahul Jain`. Then they added this address on top of it. :|
Edit #2: They used this same PDF as a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 8/128 invoice under Rahul Jain as the Buyer/Shipping address.

Edit #3: This same PDF was also used for a iPhone 5S invoice before it was a Galaxy Note 9 Invoice. LOL
Edit #4: Also used as a iPhone 7 Plus Invoice before iPhone 5S invoice.
Edit #5: Also used as a iPhone 8 invoice before iPhone 7 Plus invoice.

Edit #6: Going Backwards, iPhone 7 Plus again, S8 Plus Again, 3x Macbook Air, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus

1627835895202.png

Last edited:
Like everyone has told you before, you might not get the warranty in India unless you are able to show the original purchase invoice.
This device costs 140k in Indian market I got it for 98k i always take extra care of my gadgets. So I hope nothing happens to it.
For me it was a risk vs opportunity. 3 years ago I bought iPhone XS Max 256GB for 124k. Spending 139900 is almost like selling a kidney

This is fake! The Product entry, Buyer's Billing and shipping address are in bold, Different font, Spelling mistakes. GST/PAN belong to a different company. Whoever sold you the Watch likely use a free PDF editor.

Since it's a free PDF editor, It can't _really_ edit elements in the PDF. What it can do is write more layers on top of the existing content. Then, They also forgot to rasterize/flatten the whole thing so if you click + drag on it, You can see everything that was added afterwards using that software.

Edit #1: There are also multiple layers on top of each other. There was some other address with the name `Rahul Jain`. Then they added this address on top of it. :|
Edit #2: They used this same PDF as a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 8/128 invoice under Rahul Jain as the Buyer/Shipping address.

Edit #3: This same PDF was also used for a iPhone 5S invoice before it was a Galaxy Note 9 Invoice. LOL

Edit #6: Going Backwards, iPhone 7 Plus again, S8 Plus Again, 3x Macbook Air, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 110621
Woah! This is seriously very shady!

What software did you use to find this out and separate layers?

View attachment 110621
Yes it is, but I didn’t buy the phone from this dealer it was this Apple Watch I bought for my dad last month

To the Op... you can report this dealer to the police for printing a fake invoice.
Surely action will be taken.
This dealer is a supplier, he deals with gadgets, brand new or second hand.

So I am not sure if it was him who made that fake invoice or the guy who sold him that apple watch.

The only issue that i have with that apple watch is receiving calls when the iPhone is in flight mode.
When i bought that watch, i took that watch to apple service center they told me to go to Airtel. When I went to Airtel, they tried but it didn't work so they tried to pair / unpair it 3-4 times and after pairing it fourth time, that watch did receive calls.
Shouldn’t matter to you. For you, he is the seller.

That dealer has got good reputation, he buys and sells second hand, imported smartphones and acessories.
Unless I face some issue with that apple watch and he refuse to cooperate, I will do whatever I can to put case against him with that fake invoice

Last edited:
Back