Buying Iphone 4s after price drop

ocizer

Disciple
I know guys you must be thinking me of an idiot buying an iphone 4s instead of all the xperia's one x's galaxy's and all its just i had all kinds of android phones from past 3 years and am lookin to try out ios for sometime

Now the problem is i am searching for a factory unlocked iphone 4s without local warranty which retails at around 36k at my place that is hyderabad
there is this iphone 4s for 40k with 1yr Apple india warranty also

Now my brother is coming from USA in a month or so from where i could get a unlocked 4s for 28k approx 549$ as on official apple.us page
so this would be a better option for me

i wanted to ask
1)Is there any problem in buying the unlocked iphone 4s from USA and using it in INDIA(except for the warranty) i mean any network issues and all

2)Is there a way to buy the phone using my debit card and ship it to my brother's place in usa

please help me out guys..... even interested in better deal if available in online stores india

First you can find iphone 4s 16 gb unlocked at 28 in so many place,like here in erodov,in te,in rimweb,in ebay....
Now lets get back to your question..

1.unlock phone will work here without any problem at all..

2.yes you can buy phone using debit card and ship to your bro...

I know guys you must be thinking me of an idiot buying an iphone 4s instead of all the xperia's one x's galaxy's and all its just i had all kinds of android phones from past 3 years and am lookin to try out ios for sometime

Now the problem is i am searching for a factory unlocked iphone 4s without local warranty which retails at around 36k at my place that is hyderabad
there is this iphone 4s for 40k with 1yr Apple india warranty also

Now my brother is coming from USA in a month or so from where i could get a unlocked 4s for 28k approx 549$ as on official apple.us page
so this would be a better option for me

i wanted to ask
1)Is there any problem in buying the unlocked iphone 4s from USA and using it in INDIA(except for the warranty) i mean any network issues and all

2)Is there a way to buy the phone using my debit card and ship it to my brother's place in usa

please help me out guys..... even interested in better deal if available in online stores india
AFAIK, phone bought from apple store carries international warranty.
For your second question, why no ask you brother to visit apple store.

Yea, in india theres a varity of option as the fellow member said that they quote high price. Thats true.
And important thing is wheather the phone is FU or sim unlock based, the price varies.

If you looking for used 4s with indian bill & warranty, i have one. lemme know.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the prices on ebay are usually high . My dealer here is selling 4s for as low as 27k .
is it FU?
Btw, whats 32gig white FU one costs?

Most of the prices on ebay are usually high . My dealer here is selling 4s for as low as 27k .

dude where is it whose your dealer thats awesome price if its brand new sealed and factory unlocked... please reply

i think its some carrier locked when bought and later unlocked using one of those 30$ unlocks cause i dont think anyone could sell a brand new sealed factory unlocked phone less than the price on apple.us page

- - - Updated - - -
gREen... you dont get intl warranty for iphones... and can you give some more details of the used phone you were talking

@OP

If possible also check eBay for used but like new iPhone 4S and that too AT&T so you can get it unlocked yourself for under 15$.
I got a iPhone 4S 64GB from amazon which was in like new condition for 420$ including case, RCA cable, Universal dock. It is march 2012 manufactured unit.

As said earlier, there are lots of dealers who are selling iPhone 4S as low as 28k. AFAIK such pieces are not sealed, but yes neither they have a scratch on them. Getting them itself from here will make sense.

If you are able to stretch your budget upto 36k max. you can get 16GB iPhone 5 from USA. iPhone 5 is selling for $649 + $50 tax = $699 there. This is a better option, instead.

@DKPL..... hey what would it be after tax
cyberboy..... is that true i mean how is it possible the dudes in India are selling them over 50k how can i get it for 36k.... and i think it uses nano sim can our sim be cut into nano sim. BTW there is no get Unlocked Iphone 5 on apple.us website im totally confused now
@gREen ... where do you live and what condition is it in

Last edited by a moderator:
@DKPL..... hey what would it be after tax
cyberboy..... is that true i mean how is it possible the dudes in India are selling them over 50k how can i get it for 36k.... and i think it uses nano sim can our sim be cut into nano sim. BTW there is no get Unlocked Iphone 5 on apple.us website im totally confused now
@gREen ... where do you live and what condition is it in

Yea, even I too don't get it that it was selling for 36k.
Mine is in perfect condition with minor scratches on the metal side band because of the hard case I used earlier.
Except that, it's still like new phone.
I'm krishnagiri based.

If your brother is coming sometime next month, till then Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 will be available in the Apple Stores. He can directly pick one from the Store itself for $699. $699 to INR = 36k. This is how you can get iPhone 5 for 36k.

Or you can buy Verizon phone, its GSM Unlocked. Or Buy AT&T phone and ask the store to unlock it there itself, your phone still remains on the contract.

Indian grey market sellers are getting unlocked iPhone from Canada/Singapore, the price is bit high there. Also they are ordering the phone through FedEx and the custom departments are well known of iPhone 5 popularity so they are charging 25% custom duty on the phone. That's why mostly all the sellers are selling iPhone's above 55k.

@cyberboy ... Yes my brother is coming in Dec.. AFAIK There is an extra tax on the 699$ that will be around 40$ which sums up to 38,500 INR
as is with the iphone 4s also 549$ + tax.....which now has turned out to be some 581$ i.e 30k

and did you mean that if my brother brings the phone with him there will not be any custom duty on it right(i dont have any knowledge on these things....sorry)

Back