Laptops Buying laptop from UK!

sri_k

Adept
Guys,

My cousin wants to buy a laptop with all features one would think of..:) His uasge his carry out daily tasks such as browsing,office,chatting&occasinal gaming...He is going to buy laptop for the first time&intends to keep it for another 3 or 4yrs...Me too don't have much knowledge on current laptops..:ashamed:

Bascially what he wants it should be worth every penny...

Please suggest good laptop within this price range as he needs to buy one by this week...Preferred brands HP,DELL,Sony vaio...

Budget-500~600 pounds...

Awaiting your replies...:hap2:

Not always..... the link i posted is for Dell UK only ;) Dell has international warrantee :eek:hyeah:
sri_k said:
He works in UK....neways aren't things bit cheaper in foreign than in india?:huh:
Any other suggestions?

ROCKFELLA said:
Not always..... the link i posted is for Dell UK only ;) Dell has international warrantee :eek:hyeah:

Thanks mate:hap2: i have already shortlisted it..Is this same as Studio XPS?I will shortlist some models suggested by members so that he could pick up whichever he likes...

anything from HP,sony vaio or anyother relliable brand?

Err.. its not Studio XPS, Studio and XPS are different models all together. Sony is slightly dearer for same specifications.... :cool2:
sri_k said:
Thanks mate:hap2: i have already shortlisted it..Is this same as Studio XPS?I will shortlist some models suggested by members so that he could pick up whichever he likes...
anything from HP,sony vaio or anyother relliable brand?

^^Electronic stuff you can get in India at same / cheaper than in UK. Better get it from US/Canada if possible. Its cheaper there. But UK is a NO-NO :no:

I bought a Toshiba Satellite 15.4", AMD 1.9Ghz Dual Core proccy, 160 GB HDD, 2GB RAM, Wifi, DVD Writer, Webcam, Vista Home Premium for < 600 Canadian Dollars ie around 24 k :hap2:

techie_007 said:
Most new XPS models are branded as Studio XPS I believe :)

I meant the same one...Anyother suggestions from hp,sony or even acer?Also vaio has variuos series like N,P?which one to buy?also HP dv5 or dv7?

rak007 said:
^^Electronic stuff you can get in India at same / cheaper than in UK. Better get it from US/Canada if possible. Its cheaper there. But UK is a NO-NO :no:

I bought a Toshiba Satellite 15.4", AMD 1.9Ghz Dual Core proccy, 160 GB HDD, 2GB RAM, Wifi, DVD Writer, Webcam, Vista Home Premium for < 600 Canadian Dollars ie around 24 k :hap2:
since he's being sent to uk for short term..&he needs to buy laptop urgently...How's the performance?I had told him to avoid AMD processor.. .Are they eually good compared to intel?

sri_k said:
He works in UK....neways aren't things bit cheaper in foreign than in india?:huh:
Any other suggestions?

^^ US is very cheap , on the other hand the UK is very expensive. So it's going to be a better idea if he order's his stuff from NewEgg / Amazon.
Shipping would be very good too. :hap2:

sickizblank said:
^^ US is very cheap , on the other hand the UK is very expensive. So it's going to be a better idea if he order's his stuff from NewEgg / Amazon.
I will ask him to order from US...Any recommnedations from HP,Sony viao?

sickizblank said:

If hes in the UK and orders form the US, he ll probably be charged VAT on top of it before delivery. Clarify that first.

sri_k said:
since he's being sent to uk for short term..&he needs to buy laptop urgently...How's the performance?I had told him to avoid AMD processor.. .Are they eually good compared to intel?

I really don't understand the difference between performances when it comes to AMD and Intel proccies. Also it was not meant for heavy use, but my dad needs it for tally.

techie_007 said:
If hes in the UK and orders form the US, he ll probably be charged VAT on top of it before delivery. Clarify that first.
i told him regarding newegg,amazon,zipzapzoom etc...but he seems rather uninterested to buy...Will ask him to chk regarding VAT thing...He is going to buy from

CCL Computers - Awarded Best Online Retailer 2008 for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory

He was being told to that electronics stuff are cheaper thasn in other sites...Also techie any laptop from hp,acer,sony you would recommend?

Not all laptops are cheaper in India. Although not as good as in US, you can find some decent deals in UK.

Take a look at the deals on pcworld.co.uk. For non-mobile use, I recommended
this laptop to a friend @470 - better than Indian prices IMO.
HPG70-120

Back