Budget 31-40k Buying MiniPCs from Asus, Dell, Lenovo etc

Proparhino

Disciple
Hello all!

My parents are moving house soon, and I'm using that as a chance to upgrade their machines. They both basically write for a living, so the most important upgrades will be in their chair, desk, and keyboards, but I also want to change the computers they're using (their usecase means hardware lasts 10 years without feeling sluggish outside of failures).

Since space will be at a premium in their new house, I was thinking of getting them to use their laptops as workstations that plug into a USB hub or something similar to get all the peripherals connected with one cable. However, there are separate issues with their laptops that I can't currently get involved in, so it seems MiniPCs are the next best options. I wanted to get something barebones that I could put RAM and storage into, that also had a company warranty of about 3 years since I'll be away during that time and I don't want them to have to deal with issues.

I know that Asus, Dell, and Lenovo each have MiniPC offerings that I'd be interested in but I can't find them available in any shops or their websites. I'm assuming I'm missing something obvious here. Any help on figuring out how to get them? Would be looking to pay extra for extended warranties where relevant to ensure least hassle.

Thanks in advance!

Take a look here:

Not sure if these are good prices, other members can chime in for the same. Also look at other websites like MDComputers, Vedanta computers etc.

Thanks very much for these options! I've clearly missed some of the online vendors for hardware in India. I take it these are all reliable?

Looking through the inventory they seem to have mostly older models (I'm ideally looking for Ryzen 5-H, 6, or 7 series mobile APUs) but I might just have to settle, I suppose. I'm waiting to hear back from Asus India's business sales, because it seems they don't sell these models retail. Will add information for others to this post once I have it.

Looking through the inventory they seem to have mostly older models (I'm ideally looking for Ryzen 5-H, 6, or 7 series mobile APUs) but I might just have to settle, I suppose. I'm waiting to hear back from Asus India's business sales, because it seems they don't sell these models retail. Will add information for others to this post once I have it.

They do:

What's your budget for the PCs?
It's anything under 40K for a barebones machine.

Thanks! I generally avoid Intel as much as possible, but will get this if there are no Ryzen options available.

They do:
This seems perfect! I will get in touch with @Prosenjit soon. Thanks very much!

This is also an option
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0BKQ513FH

Here's a Ryzen based option, slightly over your budget though

TPStech also has some options, but their site seems to be inaccessible right now.

This is also an option

TPStech also has some options, but their site seems to be inaccessible right now.
Yep, that one is overkill for my parents' usecase but it's on my list regardless, just in case. Thanks very much!

This is also an option

Rs.45k + storage + ram + keyboard + mouse + display + ups or :-
1)You choose a portable laptop with all of the above.
2) Rog Alley with extremely good CPU and GPU box.

Rs.45k + storage + ram + keyboard + mouse + display + ups or :-
1)You choose a portable laptop with all of the above.
2) Rog Alley with extremely good CPU and GPU box.
Yeah, like I said in the post above (that you're probably only likely to see late because I'm still in posting quarantine as a new member), that isn't likely to be what I get since it's overpowered for my parents' usecase, but they already have laptops (which is a separate issue I can't change right now), and they would have no idea what to do with a ROG Ally. Thanks, though!

Complete pc within 50k
has 3year warranty and can be extended every year there after(indefinitely I think)
They can even be visa mounted.
Have a decent igpu and just 1L in size.
Basically ticks all of you requirements.

One more thing, if your parents have laptops they can sit anywhere to write. And if you do want them to have a dedicated place with a mini PC make it a standing desk. Will be healthier and they can continue with their writing on the laptop when they can't stand any more. Just make sure the files remain on the mini PC and are shared to the laptop.
You will save on the chair and can invest that on the full setup.

Complete pc within 50k
has 3year warranty and can be extended every year there after(indefinitely I think)
They can even be visa mounted.
Have a decent igpu and just 1L in size.
Basically ticks all of you requirements.

One more thing, if your parents have laptops they can sit anywhere to write. And if you do want them to have a dedicated place with a mini PC make it a standing desk. Will be healthier and they can continue with their writing on the laptop when they can't stand any more. Just make sure the files remain on the mini PC and are shared to the laptop.
You will save on the chair and can invest that on the full setup.
Thanks very much for all these suggestions!

They prefer to consistently use the same desk since they also have a lot of reference material they need to use. I've already got motorised desks for each of them to switch between sitting and standing while maintaining the same workspace. Potentially looking at a treadmill attachment for my mother who likes to read while walking, and a stationary bike for my father who prefers cycling. The VESA mount idea is also one I'm looking into, with the only potential issue being accessibility behind a monitor, but it's still definitely an option to keep the desk space clear.

Re. laptops, like I said, they have them, but it's complicated (boring long-winded explanation would be needed), and not relevant to this post. Perhaps most useful to just disregard that line of thinking entirely for the purpose of this thread.

Re. the suggested Lenovo, yes, I had seen the M27q line. Wanted to hear back from Lenovo as to whether the barebones version can be sold retail (I know they sell that B2B) since all the configurations involve RAM and SSDs that will go to waste given the ones I already have that I'll be repurposing. Have written to them already. Will post back here with more information once I have it.

Back