Buying my 1st Washing Machine

amitJ

Recruit
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a new washing machine for our family of 4.

Have narrowed down on 7kg Front load rather than a TL due to better wash quality as per the reviews.

I an looking for guidance to choose between brands like Bosch LG Toshiba Samsung.

I am keen on buying Bosch WAJ24262IN since I get 3yrs standard warranty and I can extend 3 years more for 1700 INR as per Boschs diwali offer. So all in all getting this machine for 31690+ extended warranty so peace of mind for 6 yrs.

However I have read posts about other members mentioning Bosch to have sealed drums wherein we cannot replace only the bearings and the whole drum needs to be replaced. This was confirmed by their engineer as well. Can anyone guide me as to how often do these bearings fail? Apart from this how is the product quality of Bosch? Do they still have the sturdy machines we can rely on for 10-12 years?

There is also a newly launched Toshiba WM TW-BJ80S2-IND with 4 years of standard warranty costing me around 31k. This machine is made in Thailand in Toshiba's factory. I am yet to confirm certain part quality details with their product manager. Anyone from our forum uses or knows about these machines? I personally prefer Japanese brands and this seems to be a model exported to rest of the asian countries so quality should be better is what I suppose. Watch:

Another Samsung 7kg model WW70T4020CX/TL Vietnam made getting this one for around 31k with standard warranty of 3 years,

I request our learned members to help me figure out which brand/model to go for based on pros/cons. I have listed few deals available to me. Incase of any suggestions please let me know,

TIA

I have gone for an LG FL 6 kg. Being my first machine, I really cannot compare but I am satisfied with the wash quality. Also it has good service which was the main reason for going with LG.

While front load do provide better outcomes at times, they also do need more servicing and care when compared with top load machines. I've been using a panasonic TL machine for 8 years now, still going strong and I have friends with FL machines which died in 3-4 years or at least needed a huge part replacement somehow. Think about this and make your decision.

Back