Budget 20-25K Buying smart phone with the back cracked!

BabaMuni

Disciple
Hello,
Recently Ive come across someone selling(locally) a Pixel 7 but the back has been damaged on one side along with some small dents in the camera house/visor looking part. The bargain itch started in me thinking if the damage is just to the glass back I would just apply some skin and use a case which I always do. The reason Im even considering this is because they've priced it with a substantial discount and they say it is still under warranty.
Is it a smart move to go with this from a general risk/hassle point of view ? What all would one check in such a situation? Did anyone who owns a pixel 6/7/7a/7 pro came across a situation where they had to go for repairing their pixel's body?

post pics, can't comment without it but I would be wary if the camera had damage and if the fall was big enough, it might have affected internals and the phone might suffer from reduced performance

You may face difficulties when claiming warranty or requesting paid repairs for other unrelated problems. For example if your display or motherboard goes kaput, even its covered under warranty, they may ask you to pay for the body repair first. This seems to be the standard policy in authorized service centres of some brands.

Yeah, if there is a physical damage, company will not entertain even any other warranty claims (you may get lucky sometimes)

If it’s a really good discount and everything else works fine, especially the screen (look for a single dead pixel too, which might start increasing in area later if present) then go ahead.

post pics, can't comment without it but I would be wary if the camera had damage and if the fall was big enough, it might have affected internals and the phone might suffer from reduced performance
Screenshot 2023-08-17 085308.png

If the body is broken, just consider it out of warranty for all practical purposes, since physical damage is not covered under warranty.
Oh i never considered this possibility. Thats maybe why they are not claiming warranty themselves and fixing it. Thank you man

Yeah, if there is a physical damage, company will not entertain even any other warranty claims (you may get lucky sometimes)

If it’s a really good discount and everything else works fine, especially the screen (look for a single dead pixel too, which might start increasing in area later if present) then go ahead.
Speaking of dead pixels, i came across a similar offer for a pixel 7 with a single dead pixel(again with a substantial discount) thinking it's just one dead pixel which i can adjust with.

Speaking of dead pixels, i came across a similar offer for a pixel 7 with a single dead pixel(again with a substantial discount) thinking it's just one dead pixel which i can adjust with.
If a dead pixel appears on its own, without any physical damage, it might not spread. But if it was a physical damage, the dead pixel can start spreading.

I have had this happen with one of my tablets a few years earlier. The tablet fell down and at first it looked normal, just a few dead pixels on the screen I could live with. And within days it started expanding, it became a circle and later few weird lines started appearing across the entire screen. Multiple such lines appeared till the point the tablet became unusable. This happened over a period of few weeks, so you never know at what stage the device condition is.

Back