Buying Wood Furniture in Bangalore - Suggestions

raj_pol

Skilled
Hi All,

I am planning to buy some wooden furniture in Bangalore. I am looking at a bed and a dining table. I am looking at durability, trust and economy as my main planks :D.

Can the forum users suggest me some places please?

Raj

For economy, you can visit the furniture showrooms in an around Shivaji Nagar bus terminus.
For variety (not sure about quality), visit Home (Maratahalli / Koramangala), Big Bazaar (Old Madras Road), Home Town (Maratahalli)
Online you can check out: www.fabfurnish.com, who I think is based out of Bangalore.
Another site to consider: www.pepperfry.com

urbanladder .com ... they have a showroom in bangalore which is better than other online shops where you dont know what you are getting

Thanks for the replies. I am absolutely not buying anything online. Atleast for furniture I do not trust them at all. Same for Shivaji Nagar where I felt that the products were not of good quality. I did buy some basic stuff from Zuari and I am quite happy with the products. However I need something more solid and made out of pure wood and hence the queries.

How is Mother Earth between?

If you like brands similar to Mother Earth, also checkout FabIndia. I recently was at their shop in Mysore and they had pretty neat furniture. But not cheap though. I almost ended up getting a dining table but my wife pulled me out of it :)

If I am not wrong... Its at Central Street near Shivajinagar, right ?
Any one know reliable shops there ?

Last edited:
If you like brands similar to Mother Earth, also checkout FabIndia. I recently was at their shop in Mysore and they had pretty neat furniture. But not cheap though. I almost ended up getting a dining table but my wife pulled me out of it :)

That joint is way way too over priced. Also their wood quality is not that good. Always remember to flip over the furniture and see the wood from the non-show side. Look for grain texture and knots and if the wood is mixed or genuine single slab. Basically the wood should exhibit character and depth for it to compliment ones home.

I bought a bed from urban ladder and I am very happy with it.I cannot comment on how long it will last and all as only time will tell. Will be buying a sofa and dining set soon from urban ladder.

Checked their Website... Just liked 1 Model and price is not mentioned...
One of its Outlet is nearby. Planning to check it out.

I bought a bed from urban ladder and I am very happy with it.I cannot comment on how long it will last and all as only time will tell. Will be buying a sofa and dining set soon from urban ladder.

Does not Bangalore have a market where local shops sell furniture. Urban Ladder is so over-blown for prices. Delhi has a lot of places where custom furniture is made, and it is so much cheaper. These online retain furniture shops are totally rip-offs. Even Fab - Furniture, I think that is worse off, in terms of pricing.

@asingh Nope my thoughts are different. Most of the local shops would sell you furniture with poor quality craftsmanship and finish. Also they provide most of their furniture in sheesham wood. It is quite reasonable for that wood. Teak, sheesham are very expensive.

@asingh Nope my thoughts are different. Most of the local shops would sell you furniture with poor quality craftsmanship and finish. Also they provide most of their furniture in sheesham wood. It is quite reasonable for that wood. Teak, sheesham are very expensive.
It really depends and what type of relationship you build with the carpenter. I have picked up all my furniture with Sheesham, almost 30%-40% less than those portals.

urbanladder .com ... they have a showroom in bangalore which is better than other online shops where you dont know what you are getting
where's the shop located?[DOUBLEPOST=1396288034][/DOUBLEPOST]Urban ladder and fabfurnish seem to be good. Fab furnish has a showroom at Sarjapur road near Bellandur. I own a queen sized bed from Zuari and have no complaints whatsoever. Very decently priced and of good quality(unless a grown man wants to jump on it like a little kid does).

i know its an old thread to reply.. was actually looking for something similar.... but i wanted to know shops in bangalore where i can get customized good quality furniture for myself??

Bumping up this thread. I have been wanting to buy a sofa. I have checked and seem to like one off urbanladder. But my colleagues told me about shops near Shivaji Nagar + Dodda Banaswadi. Prices seem to be cheaper but then it all comes down to wood. With MDF (Ikea) being promoted these days many seem to be using that but at a higher price.
So wondering if any of you guys had experiencing buying off any shops at Shivaji Nagar/Banaswadi.

Back