Bwtorrents down?

all sort of stories are coming on their facebook page........if it has really been taken down then i am really going to miss it :(

Negativity spreads easily. I don't think they would go down. It would be sad if they do. However, the rippers will be still be around, so they might move elsewhere.

agantuk said:
Negativity spreads easily. I don't think they would go down. It would be sad if they do. However, the rippers will be still be around, so they might move elsewhere.

that's true but bwt was so good that i always used to download all the hindi stuff from that and i also had very good ratio there dont remember exactly but its was around ~8 with around 250gb upload and if the site goes down all that wil go in vain :(

krishnandu said:
Yup..!! My ratio was 128 :p

Everything will be lost. Really worked hard to get that ratio :)
I myself only used it to download Punjabi movies which i didn't get anything else. had an upload of about 3X GB anda ratio of 7.X

FYI...This is the latest update from their side..
Update 28 May 2011:

BwT-ians@ We are in the process of moving the website/network to the new servers, please guys have some patience and have some trust in us. We have been around for 7 years and never once have we let you down. Opening disputes/cancellation of subscriptions/refund requests is not exactly what we need right now. We will ofcourse credit your account once BwT is live and fully functional. It will require some time to get to the bottom of this so please have some patience. We will like always never let you down. Long live BwT :)

Regards,
BwT Administration

I really want this tracker to update. One of the few trackers that provides Indian TV serials etc (helpful for people staying outside India). And yes most of the site is ratiofree except main movies section).

For Indian serials, you can also check out dctorrent.com if you don't already. I have found them to be slightly better than BWT in that department.

^^Yes i have an account there too but dctorrent does not have any invite system and not even direct registration except paying may be. I got into dctorrent after sending an email to their admins with my ratio proof on various websites like DT, BWT, IPT etc. They created a user name for me and sent me details in email.

This is latest BwT FB update

The BwT website Is up and running on an alternate URL. We do have programmers testing it.. We want to have this site up and running very soon ! Servers have been installed, programming has been done, have patience … BwT will be up and running soon !

I have been waiting too. In the meanwhile, I have been liking DT too, though I really miss the super awesome and consistent speeds that the BWT tracker gave.

EDIT: A note of thanks to vishal2055 who invited me to DT, else I would have been starving all this while.

^^That must be for testing purpose and they obviously wont reveal it to anyone else but their internal team and all. So only thing is now we need to be patient for the site to be up.

Back