C-dac Help

ashish999

Disciple
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHICH IS THE BEST COURSE FROM CDAC, DAC OR FPGDST.AS I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED..PLZ ANYONE REPLY......:huh:

IS THERE ANY PERSON WHO HAS DONE THE COURSE FROM CDAC...??:huh:

DAC - Diploma in Advanced computing is a 6 month course in computers. which covers almost everything that you do in a 4 year btech degree.

Never heard of FPGDST. there was a course in embedded systems when I did my dac.

If you are a computer guy then you will have to do the DAC.

To get into cdac you will have to write their entrace exam for DAC which I heard is now a online test and a small project that you do at home and take it to the center and explain them. (when I wrote, it was only the online test.)

The test is mostly about tricky questions in c, some quant and some GRE based english. The question in c are very very tricky you should know in and outs of C and C++

Its a All India test in which you will get percentile score and depending upon that, you will get a seat in one of the training centers.

ACTS are the tranining centers by cdac itself. and there are other franchise centers also.

Ranking is:

1. ACTS - Pune. you will have to get a 90+ percentile score

2. ACTS - Banglore. - 85+

3. ACTS - Hyderabad.

The data given here is approximate, you will have to do some research to get the exact data about the centers and test exam.

thank u boo.for your information i want to tell u that fpgdst is the full time post graduate in software technology.it's a one year programme.but now they have reduced the duration to six month and they are doing this for first time,that is why i am confused.if u want to know about above course refer below link...this will open c-dac site,then click on cst course.

and one thing i want to tell u that i am from extc branch......so for me whether dac will be better.......reply soon plz........

C-DAC: Centre for Development of Advanced Computing

FPGDST : Full TIme Post Graduate Dipl;oma in Advanced COmputing.

This course is being offered by NCST (National Center for Software Technology, now merged in CDAC). Mumbai and Bangalore are the centeres, i think and is a one year course.

COurse wise, it is better than DAC as it lays a better foundation.

But i would suggest you to try getting into DAC from CDAC centeres at Pune, Bangalore and Mumbai; since the placement scene is way better for DAC.

I am DAC Aug 04 batch pas out (CDAC Pune).

Ask for any info, if you need. I can help.

ashish999 said:
thanks boo.extc branch means i have done the engineering in electronic & telecomm.so,for me whether it will be suitable??

Friend, i was Mechanical Engineering Graduate....If you have the logic to do a little progmramming and a desire to do good, its the fastest way to get into the corporate world.

thanks a lot sushant.....for giving your time.i want to know that whether pre-dac classes are required to clear entrance.whether they ensure your selection after joining pre-dac classes?bcoz fees of pre-dac is almost 7000Rs,which is too much....so plz reply...bye

Back