cabinet or cooler??

My sys specs are
q6600 quad core
asus p5w-dh deluxe mobo
6gb ddr2 667
9600gt geforce
1tb seagate
300gb seagate

i house all these in a zebronics antibiotic cabby. the proc gets heated up real fast. running at 70c!! even gpu sometimes gets heated(under heavy load-70degrees but under normal load around 60degrees)
Should i get a new cabby(nzxt gamma or elite 430) or a new cpu cooler(hyper 212)

yeah get a cabinet, 430 or NZXT Gamma. as for me 430 looks better.

manage the cables properly get some fans . without disturbing the air pressure. also apply a good thermal paste on the processor( it seems a little high).

you wont need a cpu cooler till you overclock it.

Yep... I forgot the thermal paste....

Get something like Artic Silver.....

And do get additional fans as pointed out by strategy

but gamma has more fan capacity and better airflow. cable managment ok with gamma but better with 430. can i max out all the fans with a 700w platinum zebronics smps.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys can u also recommend good fans for use with the gamma. exact model would be preferred. and also a good thermal paste. no desi colgate stuff please:eek:hyeah:

The Gamma is a better option than the Cooler Master Elite 430 ( airflow, fan capacity, design ) cable management is tight but still you get a better cabinet than Elite any day and cheaper too ~ 2.1K in Prime ABGB last check

NZXT Gamma Review - Overclockers Club

Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Case Review

NZXT GAMMA Classic Series BK Steel Midtower

For fans, I use the Cooler Master 120mm LED fans
- smoked look, looks cool
- decent CFM 66 @ 2000 RPM
- cost 450 ( from Bangalore Golccha )

Case Fan -> SickleFlow - Cooler Master ~ here is the link for fans, Blademasters are good too but a bit noisy :eek:hyeah:

For CPU paste I have just finished using the tube that came with my Cooler MAster Hyper 212+ and it has given me decent performance uptill now, about other pastes I'm not so aware :ashamed:

Hope this helped :)

i would suggest a cpu cooler 1st.

im using gamma with 2 1200m 90cfm and 2x delta 120afb 120cfm blowing around. it still cant keep my cpu from shutting down at 65c @2.4GHz load(set as shutdown temp) with stock hsf on phenom II X4 B50

while in the same cabinet, sccf with delta 120 at 2k rpm keeps the same cpu at 33c idle and under 50c in max load at 3.1GHz

the similar setup provided 2-3c more(if im not mistaking) in my previous cabinet which was zebby bijli

as for cooling of other peripherals is concerned..

if your cpu generates less heat then the ambient temp inside the cabby around mobo is relatively cooler.. it is observed that a well cooler cpu can give better system temps overall. so unless you are too keen on a better housing for components and/or if the cpu temps are not drastically high then go for gamma.

viralbug said:
What? Seriously? Any idea till when? I was thinking of buying a cabinet.
LOL why, did that free LED fan entice you? Hardly costs 150 bucks. :p But yeah free goodies are always welcome.

Diwali is long gone btw. Just in case. :p

Yeah get a new case, had the same problem with Q6600 even with fancy coolers, getting a new case dropped temps hugely

Desecrator said:
LOL why, did that free LED fan entice you? Hardly costs 150 bucks. :p But yeah free goodies are always welcome.

Diwali is long gone btw. Just in case. :p
No not at all. :p I know it would be just some cheap fan, I won't need it anyways. But I could sell that fan and eventually the case would cost cheaper for me. :D

Even I was wondering if they still have the offer (if it really was there in the first place) coz Diwali is over.

got a gamma for 2300 net in bangalore
got five fans.. two 2000rpm and three 1200rpm(two of theses still to connect---no connectors!)

guys i noticed that the gamma has very tight fitting hdd bays. the sata power cable is very tightly stretched. one hard push and the thing will snap the power socket on the hdd! already lost one(one i had to RMA:eek:hyeah:seagate as usual)! any solution here??

temp decreased by about 4-7 degrees overall:clap:
but i assume may need the cpu cooler later

i just rechecked. i got ripped off .:mad: bas**** i was in a hurry!!! was goin to kerala for a week then. will bang him on monday!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dude and he is coolermaster distributor!!!!

Back