PC Peripherals Cabinet Required

laxmi24

Disciple
I am looking for a cabinet with minimum of 3 X 5.5" external bay and 2 X 3.5" external bay, within Rs. 2K. And i also need 400w or 450/500W SMPS. If the SMPS comes with the cabinet i agree with Rs. 2.5K. Any local SMPS will OK.

On the internet i found one product within Rs. 1.7K with the bellow specification. It is in my budget too. But it Has two problem.
Product view : iBall Entry - Level i8190 Cabinet

Specifications:

Brand : iBall
Type : Cabinet

Technical Specifications :

International designer series. Sturdy cabinet with better space management.
5.25 Inch Bays: 4 External bays
3.5 Inch Bays: 1 External bay, 5 Internal bays
Motherboard Form Factors: Standard ATX & Micro-ATX motherboards
Front USB Ports: 2 Front USB Ports
Front Audio Ports: 1 Audio-out Jack + 1 Mic-in jack
Bundled Cooling Fans: Bundled with 1 x 8cm cooling fan
Extra Cooling Fan Provision: 1 x 8/9/12cm (Front), 1 x 8cm (Side)
Heat Vent: Heat vent on side panel for Processor and Add-on cards
Power Supply: 250Watts Power Supply.
Available Colours: Black + Silver
Dimensions: 15.8 x 6.8 x 16.6 inches (H x W x D)

Now the tow problem is
1> It has only one 3.5" external bay.
2> It comes with SMPS which is 250W.

Any other model friends?

Friend any cabinet with no SMPS is appreciate. I will purchase the SMPS in separate. What should the cost of a blank and very simple but full tower cabinet. or with 400w or more SMPS.
As do not use my PC for gaming purpose so i do not need too much cooling system. the processor fan and two other fan in cabinet is fine for me.
my motherboard is micro ATX.

Please give me some suggestion.

Two more thing, Please tell me does a 500w SMPS always consume the full power?
I mean when i browsing something on internet, or typing something on MS word does my PC consume 500w of power i.e. that should cost 1 unit electricity in 2 hour.

And the second thing is that when start my PC some time it give me beep beep beep for 4 time and then nothing happen only cpu green power light is on. then when i press the restart on the CPU then it start perfectly. Any idea why this happen? I have 3 GB of ram 1 GB in 1st DIMM socket and 2 GB in 2nd socket. This problem does not happen every time i open the PC. It happen in every 1 out of 6 or 7 time i start my PC.

Any help will appreciate.

Two more thing, Please tell me does a 500w SMPS always consume the full power?

And the second thing is that when start my PC some time it give me beep beep beep for 4 time and then nothing happen only cpu green power light is on. then when i press the restart on the CPU then it start perfectly. Any idea why this happen? I have 3 GB of ram 1 GB in 1st DIMM socket and 2 GB in 2nd socket. This problem does not happen every time i open the PC. It happen in every 1 out of 6 or 7 time i start my PC.

No, the SMPS draws only that much power that the CPU components require, a little more because they are not 100% efficient. So the power draw is slightly more than the amount required to power your PC.

Pull out your motherboards manual and find out what the 4 beep sequence means. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Try to clean the RAM modules and place them one by one and see if the situation repeats.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

my motherboard manual says that 3 beep = no memory.
untitled dg31prr.jpg

By the way i think the memory means RAM Not HDD. If so then why it give that 3 beep 4 time. After restart when i entered BIOS it perfectly detected the RAM memory the full 3 GB. In my computer property it say 2.98 GB of Ram. then why no memory signal?

my motherboard manual says that 3 beep = no memory.
View attachment 14920

By the way i think the memory means RAM Not HDD. If so then why it give that 3 beep 4 time. After restart when i entered BIOS it perfectly detected the RAM memory the full 3 GB. In my computer property it say 2.98 GB of Ram. then why no memory signal?

Where did I mention hard-drives in the previous post?

I think your RAM contacts have gotten dusty, clean it and put the RAM modules back one by one, see if the problem repeats.

Also download MemTest 86+ from here --> Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and run a test for errors in the RAM modules.

The RAM is not being detected as full 3GB becasue ~2MB is being used by the iGP as V-RAM, you do not have a discrete graphics card OR do you?

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Sorry you do not mention for HDD. but when this happen my HDD power led does not turn on. so i thought it may be hdd problem, so why i tell about HDD.
Thank you for your attention to me.
I am going to download your said program.

My motherboard is DG31PR (Intel).
I just clean all the component just 4 days ago. i clean the ram slot with car vacuum cleaner and erase the golden pin of the ram with a very soft eraser very gently. and reinserted all the thing. But the problem is still on.

I would try to put the RAM modules in the socket one by one, it could be that one of the modules is not functioning properly. So insert them alternatively and check.

Back