CALL OF DUTY : B.O lag issue - plz help

anfjavid

Skilled
hello guys,

Though my pc is equipped with modern hardware and clubbed with 9600gt, i dont know why this games lags like hell. The graphics are mind blowing and i want to play this game which lags from the very begining. Even the options screen lags. I have the latest drivers installed, with the latest update of the game but i dont find a reason why its lagging. Is it an issue with the game which requires a couple of updates ??

BTW my config is
x2 550be
m3n78em
2x2gb
500gb sata

Guys plz tell me whats wrong with this game...

Downloaded the patch yet? Please do that if you haven't already.

PS: We have a dedicated thread for Black Ops just in case you haven't noticed it. The thread caters to all the discussions relating to the game. We have discussed the stuttering issues and the patch addressing it in the thread.

Desecrator said:
Downloaded the patch yet? Please do that if you haven't already.

PS: We have a dedicated thread for Black Ops just in case you haven't noticed it. The thread caters to all the discussions relating to the game. We have discussed the stuttering issues and the patch addressing it in the thread.

Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.Update.1 - Is this the one you are talking about ?. I already installed it pal.. But no difference. I even haev the latest nvidia drivers.. Some bug fix is under development i think... Ok will wait....

anfjavid said:
Call.of.Duty.Black.Ops.Update.1 - Is this the one you are talking about ?. I already installed it pal.. But no difference. I even haev the latest nvidia drivers.. Some bug fix is under development i think... Ok will wait....
Hav u by any chance downloaded a pirated version(SKIDROW?? )

Anyways, tell us at what resolution you're playing, and turn AA off if you must it might help.

1600x900 res. But the lags are the same regardless of the res. When i started the game for the 1st time the res. was something like 1024x768 and i had lags even at that time. FYI the game works fine in my bru's pc config (athlon 5000+, 2x2gb, 9800gt xpertvision). It is absolutely playable in my bru's pc but i have a 550be, the only lower thing is my graphics card....

So TELL ME guys, i read in the COD website that they are still working on hitches in some gfx cards....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
Hav u by any chance downloaded a pirated version(SKIDROW?? )

Anyways, tell us at what resolution you're playing, and turn AA off if you must it might help.
Yes, i do have the skidrow version of the game and it works flawlessly in bru's pc and in my cousin's pc (x1650 pro, 1gb ddr, asus 865 mobo and 3 ghz HT proccy) with low settings

Yes, i do have the skidrow version of the game and it works flawlessly in bru's pc and in my cousin's pc (x1650 pro, 1gb ddr, asus 865 mobo and 3 ghz HT proccy) with low settings

TE users don't support pirates

P.S. -Try the Zombie Mode unlock by the same guy, it's brilliant. I got MP working too with BOTS, yippie!!!

anfjavid said:
1600x900 res. But the lags are the same regardless of the res. When i started the game for the 1st time the res. was something like 1024x768 and i had lags even at that time. FYI the game works fine in my bru's pc config (athlon 5000+, 2x2gb, 9800gt xpertvision). It is absolutely playable in my bru's pc but i have a 550be, the only lower thing is my graphics card....

So TELL ME guys, i read in the COD website that they are still working on hitches in some gfx cards....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The 9600gt vs. the 9800gt could be making the difference. Many users are still facing lags and stuttering even after applying the patch. It is a buggy release. Will have to make do till they release a better build. Try your brothers GPU in your system. If it is fine, then you have a GPU bottle neck.

anfjavid said:
darn it that sucks...I'l have to test it tomorrow on my machine - Phenom II X4 940 and Palit GTX260

Completed the game without lag on my PC twice (see sig for config). Didnt lag at all. Although I had installed the patch and modified the config file to use all the cores. Try removing AA and lowering texture quality to normal or medium. Might help

I'm well into 30% of the game and have not had any issues. Playing at 1024 x 768, 4XAA, 2 points in AF, High settings with Phenom II X4 940 and Palit GTX260. I think I will try and bump up the res on my 19"CRT and see. But really the game is running smooth as silk and looks great!

dinjo said:
1024 X 768 looks so ugly.
Only in Comparison my dear dinjo, only in comparison, I for one cannot play in widescreen due to 19"CRT. I generally play in 1280 x 1024 that is an odd 5:4 res keeping refresh rate at 85HZ (nothing below that refresh rate is tolerable by me).

But in all honesty, "Ignorance is Bliss" really works for me here...

1. I'm not a stickler for resolutions, min 1024 x 768

2. I can hardly make out the difference between these resolutions especially if the game scales the HUD like in Fallout NV

3. When the action is so frantic and you are concentrating on not getting shot, all these things such as resolutions, High\low settings etc just stop mattering. It's like the mind just filters stuff out. Very effective in some cases and also causes an illusion in other cases.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, "I'm just too dumb to notice resolution awesomeness that you speak about", therefore "Ignorance is bliss here and only in the case of resolutions for me". When I get a good LCD, in hindsight, I'll wonder how I ever played in 4:3 res....LOL that is life! Limited by our Perceptions!

dinjo said:
1024 X 768 looks so ugly.
Please atleast try to complete the sentence when you are posting something.Just a suggestion.
Anyways depends from game to game GTA 4 looks crappy and aweful in that resolution agreed but you cannot say that for all.

Back