Caller ID By Google Will Display Your Name Profile Picture To Called People

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Google has unveiled its latest version of Android - 4.4 KitKat which brings several new features. One of these features is a new Phone app which brings better search and a new Caller ID by Google feature, the company detailed in a post.

The new phone app will let you search numbers of people even if they are not in your contacts list such as people in nearby places or people in your company directory ( if details are shared by them ).

Another interesting feature is Caller ID by Google which will display your name and Google + profile pictures to called users, if your number is verified and the discovery setting is enabled in profile.

This feature is similar to what third party app TrueCaller does already, but Google's solution will be built into the OS and expected to be better as it will use Google+ profiles. The feature will be coming early 2014, according to the post.

The new phone app will be available on Nexus and Google Play Edition devices running Android 4.4 KitKat OS.

Source

Attachments

• Caller-ID-By-Google.jpg
    Caller-ID-By-Google.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 138
Personally I just hate True Caller . If I have given you my personal mobile number i don't want it published for the world . Thats whats people do upload their contacts for the world to see . People do use it to check unknown numbers or blank calls or harassment calls

Yep - TrueCaller has a way to de list your name from their database. But personally, I do not see whats the issue - People dont keep checking whose name/number combination. Only when your number is searched for - will the name pop up. Its not like the free version allows name searches - thats paid.[DOUBLEPOST=1383836735][/DOUBLEPOST]Update : You can also get the same from http://55444.in/apps/truecaller/ via SMS.

Back