Calling all Email Mail Users on Android

techietech

Recruit
I am on the fence to buy an Android Device and RIP my BB Curve 8520. Just wanted to have opinions from existing Android users who use Email heavily on their devices.

1) Does Push Mail work on Android efficiently? I mean do the mails get in as soon as they are in your mailbox? I won't mind even if there's a delay of few minutes. My BB did it perfectly for me.
2) Can you set-up more than 1 email account? I have got 4-5 email accounts (on my own domain)

ultra vires said:
1) Yes ( Its push mail, you get it as soon as the server gets it)
2) Yes

:)

Great. BTW, which device are you using? I am planning to get the Galaxy S2 i9100 (if its in stock) or the older Galaxy S itself. Also wondering if you can set up different tones for notifications on different accounts?

1) NO - not always atleast
2) Yes

I have a Desire HD, and am not so impressed with the push mail. If you are someone who receives a lot of mails, then I would say Android isn't really upto the mark. I mean there is a delay in syncing. I have found my Nokia to be faster in push messaging - sometimes getting the mail a second or two before the gmail window that is open. Now that is what I would say is quick.

1- No, the android keeps checking emails almost real time and that feels like Push mail.

2- As many as you want and BTW only the 1st email address you put will work on gtalk, theres no way to edit that other than resetting the device.

What the??

Android does fully support push (for gmail and exchange accounts) and it works instantaneously as any push system should! I repeat it DOES NOT check for mails continuously in background (because then that wouldn't be push anymore)

Phewww...A lot of mixed opinions..Caught in doldrums..Donno whether to ditch my BB or not..I wanna enjoy the rich multimedia experience that the other higher end smartphones give but don't wanna lose on my business mails..Will try to get hold of an friend's android device and see how it goes. If nothing works out I will have to wait for the BB 'Torch 2' which should 'light' up my hopes a bit.

Android 2.2 and above devices support push email and multiple accounts. They work perfectly fine on my HTC Incredible S. I get mails (Gmail and Yahoo) faster in my mobile before it shows up in my laptop !!

Back