Calling all owners of Optimus 2X

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareravi

Disciple
Hi,
From last several days I'm planning to buy dual-core android phone.There are only handful of dual-core phones available in the market like Galaxy S2,Sensation and Optimus 2X. Out of these only Optimus 2X seems to be affordable(@24.3k).

Lot of TE members may be interested in buying this phone.But there are lots of complaints regarding the phone.So I want to know how many of 2X owners facing problems like reboot,freezing,BSOD(Black Screen of Death) ,Battery Drain etc.Also let us know the specification like

Android version:
BaseBand version:
Kernel version:
Custom Rom Name(if used):
Updates/Patches version:
Phone manufacturing month/year:
Memory Card Capacity,Class,Company:
Purchased from(online/local shop/..etc):

Hope answers to these queries will help future owners of O2X.

thegame said:
Add me too and thanks boogey for making me aware of this thread:D

Am just loving the phone display and the hardware and as of now only one issue I have is the loudspeaker.. so guys can please let me know if your loudspeaker sounds well whenyour phone rings or is it distorted and also what case and screen protector you use (in case)... thanks!!

Have replied in another thread as well.. There is definitely sound distortion when the phone rings.. This has happened after the GB update I think.. I never had any issue while using the phone on stock 2.2 or Modaco FR19..

junk_qwe said:
Have replied in another thread as well.. There is definitely sound distortion when the phone rings.. This has happened after the GB update I think.. I never had any issue while using the phone on stock 2.2 or Modaco FR19..

Thanks buddy for your reply and wish LG fix it in the next update.. happy that its not a hardware issue:) and yeah lets go with one thread (this one) for all O2X queries..

Faraz said:
I am on MIUI and face no such distortion :)

Lucky you :).. currently held up at work and both the weekends had to go out.. guess need to take a day's leave and root my O2x :) even christmas and new year cheated us by falling on weekends :(

junk_qwe said:
Isn't that the case with almost all android phones? :)

True. But I believe once I remove the LG's pre-installed bloatware that came with it, it should be slightly better.

Does anyone know how to shut off the Music and the Maps App? I force-close them and still they start automatically.

The Music App doesn't even have a stop button. So if I play a song just to test, I have to Pause it. The damn thing remembers this paused state even if I force close the app, thereby eating up memory and consuming battery :mad:

Guys, My GPS is taking too long to lock. Once waited for close to 10 minutes still no lock happened. What can I do check whether it is a hardware problem or software? I'm on stock gingerbread apart from this gps issue I'm just loving this phone. Everything is super fast and screen is too good.

Tried outside for close to 15 minutes using Compass app, it showed 4 satellites but could not put a fix on even a single one. I read somewhere that creating gps config file may resolve the issue but that requires root and I don't want root till the phone is under warranty as the current root method is permanant for gingerbread and can not be rolled back. Any help?

Add me to the list of O2x owners in this forum. Got the phone just a couple of hours ago :) .

By the way, i need a memory card for my phone. Will this one work: Samsung 16GB MicroSDHC

It is a class 6 card at a good price from HS18 (will add some small item to make the total 1000/- and use 200/- off coupon). Should not have any mounting problems right?

Aces170 said:
Do post your impressions, especially on battery life. How much did you get the phone for?

I got it for 16k locally in exchange with my old phone, so i think its a decent deal. About the battery life, i guess it will last a day with heavy usage and two days with moderate usage (an estimate, not measured accurately. It is only 1 day old :p)

I am very happy with the phone. Camera is good, but not as good as expected, otherwise it is very good. LG's phone software updater software is simply pathetic! Gave problems at every stage and finally i was not able to proceed with the GB update using it. So, I have upgraded to stock GB manually using smartflash and then rooted the phone. The UI is super smooth on stock GB, no random reboots, crashes or any such other issues so far. Touch screen calibration seems to be off by a couple of millimeters, visible especially while type on portrait keyboard. Will have to find a way to recalibrate it. I will wait for a few more days to check for any small manufacturing defects before flashing some other ROM.

the card will work without any issues... check our very own dvdstoredelhi market thread for the card http://www.theitbazaar.com/store/ou...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=621&category_id=76

again if you are getting other item also then HS18 deal looks sweet :)

rhlravi said:
Add me to the list of O2x owners in this forum. Got the phone just a couple of hours ago :) .

By the way, i need a memory card for my phone. Will this one work: Samsung 16GB MicroSDHC

It is a class 6 card at a good price from HS18 (will add some small item to make the total 1000/- and use 200/- off coupon). Should not have any mounting problems right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back