Camera in plane query O.o

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
Hi guys.

I'm flying to delhi in a couple of days. I just wanted to know if they'll allow me to carry a camera as cabin baggage. I'm travelling by Jet airways. Is it gonna cause any problems? (the batteries)

Also, is photography allowed inside the plane?

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I have carried my camera in my cabin bag only with batteries so that should not be a problem. Also do not keep camera in check in else you will get your back sans the camera, thanks to the luggage handlers.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Nah I have carried it in the backpack with me on Jet itself. Infact you can take pics too once you are at cruising levels.

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
I was asked to remove the batteries from my camera. Coincidently they only seem to care about the standard and abundantly found AA Battries. They never bother about devices with custom batteries. Any one else observed this?

amitjakhar

Adept
Feb 17, 2009
New Delhi
No problem at all. You can even take pictures in the plane though they would say Sir its not allowed but still you can take it. As one of my friends did and he took like 50 pics. :eek:hyeah:

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
Oh goodie! Thanks for all the replies. :) Cos I don't want them to chuck my batteries! Nor pick me up as some terrorist spy lol! :D

ankurshah

Disciple
Mar 2, 2010
Lol. You would hardly have any problems. I clicked pics when I was in the flight.So no worries but remember about the batteries,

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
Draw your own conclusions from the pic below :p

There is no need to remove batteries if they are inside camera. Carry rechargeable batteries. They will never tell you to throw it away. When I took the pic above on Mumbai bound jet flight I was carrying cam with batteries + 4 spare batteries in camera pouch.

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
ankurshah said:
Lol. You would hardly have any problems. I clicked pics when I was in the flight.So no worries but remember about the batteries,
Man my cam is having a battery pack.. not AA cells. Would that pose any problems?

Metalspree

Skilled
Mar 1, 2006
Bangalore
blueren said:
Man my cam is having a battery pack.. not AA cells. Would that pose any problems?
Why would it?? .I have carried my FZ35 all the way from NZ to India in a shoulder bag no one bothered to check it ,why are you worried so much .Still if you are confused call up airlines and check .