Camera Cameras to cost more

adder

Skilled
Basic customs duty of 10% is being imposed on Digital Cameras which are capable of recording video with minimum resolution of 800 x 600 pixels, at minimum 23 frames per second, for at least 30 minutes in a single sequence using the maximum storage (including expanded) capacity.

So after 2 to 3 years of no duty on ,government decides to re introduces custom duties on cameras.

Bloddy hell ! Now the grey market for cameras which practically died out will be ressurected again.
<

Glad I just bought a new cam so I should be good for another 2 - 3 years at the very least.

How much will be the impact on entry level P & S cameras?

I need to gift a Sony to my sister in July (her birthday). Presently it costs ~ 8k. So, what would be the price after the hike??
<

acc to the thread by SNS the duty on digital cameras was 14.8% wasn't it. So now is it increased by 10% or what.

The custom duties for some years was zero,which is confirmed by the fact that in grey market they where selling it with manufacturer warranty and bill.

@Adder - Got the A55.
<

Congrats
<
Didn't see a show off thread.

I was thinking of waiting for A57 but thanks to the government i guess have to settle for a A35 .

But one thing is most DSLR are limited to 29min capacity specifically for tax reasons,so i guess they should be exempted.

Back