Android Can eSIM work as a third mobile number on a dual SIM mobile ?

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Want to use use 3 mobile numbers on a dual sim supporting mobile phone.

First - Office provided number for work, normal nano SIM, for the country where am working.
Second - Personal number, normal nano SIM, for banking and all personal interests in country where am working- want to convert this into eSIM.
Third - Personal Indian number with banking, aadhar and everything India related.

In a setting like this, can I receive calls and SMS on all these numbers, exactly the same way as I receive calls and SMS on a dual SIM setting without any manual or special actions. Is this feasible.

Mobile is Samsung Galaxy FE20 5G dual SIM.

Thanks in advance...

i think your only option is, one phyical sim and two e-sim profiles... Keep toggling(manually) between e-sim profiles based on the need. For eg, second, third both e-SIM, and whenever some OTP requirement, enable 3rd e-SIM profile temporarily and use it. Once done, again enable 2nd e-SIM.

A dual sim phone has two gsm radios.

it’s a physical/hardware limitation that means you cannot have Three concurrent gsm connections. Period

I read some where that latest iphones too have dual eSim and single physical sim but that does not mean one can have 3 Active numbers. It is something like If you have both eSim enabled, the physical is disabled and so on.
I may be wrong though.

I read some where that latest iphones too have dual eSim and single physical sim but that does not mean one can have 3 Active numbers. It is something like If you have both eSim enabled, the physical is disabled and so on.
I may be wrong though.
That's exactly what it is.
Earlier it was 1 physical slot + 1 esim (no second physical slot)

Now the first slot is switchable via software- but software can't add a third physical radio

You need to get your hands on one of the Qualcomm prototype phones, which is impossible. My friend was telling me how they were experimenting one day and had around 30 sims active on that phone and then they got a call from the telecom provider and had to end their experiment.

It seems there is no solution for your problem where you can have only one phone, unless you can toggle between two sims (which you can for the Indian number). There used to be triple-sim phones but they were from cheap chinese rebrand companies.

You need to get your hands on one of the Qualcomm prototype phones, which is impossible. My friend was telling me how they were experimenting one day and had around 30 sims active on that phone and then they got a call from the telecom provider and had to end their experiment.

It seems there is no solution for your problem where you can have only one phone, unless you can toggle between two sims (which you can for the Indian number). There used to be triple-sim phones but they were from cheap chinese rebrand companies.
30 esims ?

30 esims ?
No idea how and what they were doing. I just asked him if there was a way to buy one if one was willing to pay the high price, but he said it was near impossible.
The conversation started when my call with him got disconnected when my phone switched from VoWiFi to VoLTE and I told him that. He said that they test this and this shouldn't be happening on a Qualcomm device, but matter of fact is that it still happens. Maybe LG screwed up the implementation somehow.

Not possible, tried something similar back in India. Dual SIM phones has 2 IEMI numbers. Even the e-SIM will be allocated with one of the IEMI.
You can however have 2 e-SIM and one physical for a dual SIM phone but 3 won't work simultaneously. Even 2 eSIM only is not allowed in India according to Airtel.

Want to use use 3 mobile numbers on a dual sim supporting mobile phone.

First - Office provided number for work, normal nano SIM, for the country where am working.
Second - Personal number, normal nano SIM, for banking and all personal interests in country where am working- want to convert this into eSIM.
Third - Personal Indian number with banking, aadhar and everything India related.

In a setting like this, can I receive calls and SMS on all these numbers, exactly the same way as I receive calls and SMS on a dual SIM setting without any manual or special actions. Is this feasible.

Mobile is Samsung Galaxy FE20 5G dual SIM.

Thanks in advance...
The simplest way to achieve this is via call forwarding enabled on one of the sims.
Say, enable call forwarding on your office number, to redirect it to your personal local number.
Keep both your Indian number and Personal Number on both the sim slots.

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago.
All I did was left my Indian SIM back home since there was no international roaming enabled for that provider.
Used a couple of apps like SMS BackUp+ and a paid subscription for PostMySMS(Push notifications), which would sync the messages and call logs to my Gmail.
The setup worked flawlessly as even OTP's were pushed without any delay.

The Achilles heel in this setup is, you need someone to monitor and keep the phone on charge and ensure that it's connected 24x7.

Currently, I have an upgraded setup, where one of the sims is mapped to a Galaxy LTE watch and I had enabled call forwarding for all the other sims to the e-sim number on the watch.
So I wouldn't miss any calls even If left my phone back home.

Last edited:
@sriharsha_m

I wanted to avoid depending on others. For me the whole thing became such a headache that I enabled international roaming and are now keeping a separate phone with me for my Indian number.

Now have to deal with inconvenience of carrying around two phones.

Earlier, found some app for forwarding SMS to telegram or whatsapp. Will find that and try again.

Unfortunatley, 3 physical SIM android phones are all outdated, last one seems to be Coolpad Mega 3 Triple SIM 4G Smartphone with Android 6, not available for purchase easily and have very very bad reviews.

Found workarounds like simore: https://www.simore.com/en/dual-sim-...t-the-same-time-router-wifi-e-clips-gold.html

wondering how these work.

Last edited:
The Achilles heel in this setup is, you need someone to monitor and keep the phone on charge and ensure that it's connected

Thats not that hard to achieve. Get some kind of a smart plug , use tasker to cut power at 80 percent and charge when battery reaches 20 percent or something like that and voila ! Preserves battery health also .

I think rooted device can also be limited at certain charging points in various ways, but above solution is easier.

Thats not that hard to achieve. Get some kind of a smart plug , use tasker to cut power at 80 percent and charge when battery reaches 20 percent or something like that and voila ! Preserves battery health also .

I think rooted device can also be limited at certain charging points in various ways, but above solution is easier.
In an ideal world, Yes.

I had many instances where the tasker app suddenly disabled the schedules and won't start the service properly post auto updates etc.
But on an android phone, you can never guess when things crash/have messy updates/background suppression.
I even had a team viewer support app where I could navigate and get some things done without assistance, but there are limitations.
This is where you'd probably still need someone's assistance.

@sriharsha_m

I wanted to avoid depending on others. For me the whole thing became such a headache that I enabled international roaming and are now keeping a separate phone with me for my Indian number.

Now have to deal with inconvenience of carrying around two phones.

Earlier, found some app for forwarding SMS to telegram or whatsapp. Will find that and try again.

Unfortunatley, 3 physical SIM android phones are all outdated, last one seems to be Coolpad Mega 3 Triple SIM 4G Smartphone with Android 6, not available for purchase easily and have very very bad reviews.

Found workarounds like simore: https://www.simore.com/en/dual-sim-...t-the-same-time-router-wifi-e-clips-gold.html

wondering how these work.
Has anyone tried some device like this?

Back