Car & Bike Can I ride my new bike ?

djmykey

Skilled
Hello people,

I recently bought a Karizma R. The problem is I only have the invoice of the money paid to the showroom and the insurance policy. The bike isnt registered, neither do I have the tax reciept. Since the bike is not registered and neither does it have a number, I'm not using it. But now I'm impatient and am forced to use my car to commute to office.

What I'm wondering is can I used the bike without the registration ? I stay in Pune and the cops here are really crazy. I was once ripped for not carrying the insurance document with me. Should I go ahead and use the bike or just use my car till I get the registration. I asked the showroom they said I will get the registration by 4 Mar.

Please help.

Well, you can ride bike up to 500KM without registration AFAIK. I used to ride my R15 without registration until first bike servicing. I used to carry purchase receipt with me.

yep you can drive your bike but make sure you carry your invoice and insurance and not to mention your license too
<

Wait for the registration. The cops can swindle you left, right and center... It is only a few more days. Better wait it out...

Generally, here in Mumbai reputed dealers do not give delivery of the vehicle unless atleast a TC number is obtained for the vehicle.

Hello people,

I recently bought a Karizma R. The problem is I only have the invoice of the money paid to the showroom and the insurance policy. The bike isnt registered, neither do I have the tax reciept. Since the bike is not registered and neither does it have a number, I'm not using it. But now I'm impatient and am forced to use my car to commute to office.

What I'm wondering is can I used the bike without the registration ? I stay in Pune and the cops here are really crazy. I was once ripped for not carrying the insurance document with me. Should I go ahead and use the bike or just use my car till I get the registration. I asked the showroom they said I will get the registration by 4 Mar.

Please help.

U surely must be having a temporary registration. So i reckon no issues. But I still hate the color.

... better wait for all papers & than move out.

Precuation is better than CURE
<

Hello people,

Please help.

Your Number plate will have a TC number

you can ride your bike within your RTO covered area until registration.

Although, it is far easier to steal and far more difficult to track a stolen unregistered vehicle. Choice is yours.

AFAIK, you can ride without registration (no number plate) till one month from the date of purchase.

errr... I dont think so.

afaik...bike and car numbers help identify a vehicle...in case of stolen, accident ect. if non-number plated (thats a word, rite?) vehicles are allowed to roam for any duration...how will cops identify any?

well, I bought my bike in Mysore in 2008. And while asking about the registration process the showroom guys told me so - police wont disturb for certain period. (may be its because the registration process takes time in few places. Read in paper, here in Kolkata - registration takes almost 2 months.
<
)

well, I bought my bike in Mysore in 2008. And while asking about the registration process the showroom guys told me so - police wont disturb for certain period. (may be its because the registration process takes time in few places. Read in paper, here in Kolkata - registration takes almost 2 months.
tongu23e.gif
)

You can drive your new bike with temporary registration for a period of up to 2 months. It's the standard rule, at least here in Karnataka, don't know about anywhere else.

@all those who said we can ride the bike without/temporary registration, have you been caught by police and let off without paying.............? i believe no.

Back