OC & Modding Can I RMA my CPU cooler ??

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I have Noctua NH-U12P which I think I should Give for RMA as there was a though in my mind since I bought it 8 months back { or so }.

I have 2 scratches on the cooling panel , one is little one but other can be feel after moving u'r finger about it :'(

Will Try to put Pic's But really lazy to remove it from the running rig and so the Clearing stuff as my mom wont let this chance go :p

So should I Rma it ????

Don't As why I didn't asked this question At the beginning, personal reasons :(

So what should I do ????

I bought it From PrimeABGB .

Photo's Of cooler : Sorry for the bad photo's I don't have any good source for pic's ;) chalana padtahe :p

@ALPHA17 : Here are the image which I was talking about ^_^

Thank you for reading.

have a nice night / day ahead.

As long as there is no evidence of faults in performance OR usage I do not see why you should RMA a perfectly working [albeit scratched] product.

Adding pictures will be helpful.

Scratches on the cooling panel?
Do you mean the surface which makes contact with the CPU?
Depends how big the scratch is.
Usually minor scratches are handled by the thermal paste.

Will Try to upload a pic of it as I am a bit busy now a days with practicals in college and assignments at home :p

Photo's updated please now tell what should I do ????

Does not look serious to me, the TIM should be capable of filling this up but as the cooler is under its Warranty why don't you forward these pictures to Noctua and try to get them to counsel you on the appropriate course of action.

Just curious, how did the base get this scratch?

there where scratches from before but I though that this is common but when I started reading about applying thermal past and all then I noticed it :(

Well, if you go back now, there is no way to prove that they wee there from day one. All coolers will get scratched when attaching to the cpu and thats normal. So the retailer can say that this happened after installation.

Back