Can I use paypal with Debit cards?

I have an axis bank debit card , and I tried to buy a Korean monitor from ebay and it did'nt work. I called up the bank and they told me that they don't have an tie ups with ebay and debit card won't work.

Is it international debit card??
I didn't use my card/paypal in ebay till now, but it have worked flawlessly with amazon & DX.
And it's the paypal gateway which conducts the transaction, not the card.

I didn't use my card/paypal in ebay till now, but it have worked flawlessly with amazon & DX.

My axis bank titanium international debit card work well with amazon but in PayPal it never work...

It is international debit card , but not titanium , not even gold. I've used it for some other USD transactions . It does'nt work only for paypal.

Alright just completed the paperwork for my ICICI bank account. I got a joint account with a lady (thanks mom). So basically I now have to deposit 2k every month for atleast 6 months and after that I can close the account and receive all the money with a 7% interest.

For anyone else interested, this account is same as the normal ICICI account which requires you to have 10k balance per month, just that since its a joint account with a lady you have another option now- a recurring deposit of 2k per month. This also means that after 2 months, if you get fed up of paying the RD, you can just contact your bank and they will switch you to the normal 10k per month setup. You will get all the standard privilidges like netbanking, cheque book and a Mastercard debit card. Also, the lady has to be related to you i.e. mother, sister or wife. Girlfriends, friends-friends or your left hand will NOT count. Furthermore, you need to deposit 10k cheque or 15k cash to activate the account, once that is done you can withdraw the cash after a couple of days. Also, a representative will come to your house with the paperwork so you don't need to run around too much except for the copies of you (and your victims) ID proof, address proof and an optional relationship proof (proving how you are related to said person - although they waved this off for me as my mom is a highly valued customer or something like that idk).

Total Cost : 10000(cheque)/15000(cash) to activate the account which can be pulled out later. After that, 2k per month to keep it running. Also theres a bank charge of 200 bucks for everything.

That said, this is great for the average broke student as you can convince someone to maintain your account (if you can't) and when you shut it down you can let them have their money back with the extra interest as a bonus for helping you. Its a WIN - WIN :)

Alright just completed the paperwork for my ICICI bank account. I got a joint account with a lady (thanks mom). So basically I now have to deposit 2k every month for atleast 6 months and after that I can close the account and receive all the money with a 7% interest.

For anyone else interested, this account is same as the normal ICICI account which requires you to have 10k balance per month, just that since its a joint account with a lady you have another option now- a recurring deposit of 2k per month. This also means that after 2 months, if you get fed up of paying the RD, you can just contact your bank and they will switch you to the normal 10k per month setup. You will get all the standard privilidges like netbanking, cheque book and a Mastercard debit card. Also, the lady has to be related to you i.e. mother, sister or wife. Girlfriends, friends-friends or your left hand will NOT count. Furthermore, you need to deposit 10k cheque or 15k cash to activate the account, once that is done you can withdraw the cash after a couple of days. Also, a representative will come to your house with the paperwork so you don't need to run around too much except for the copies of you (and your victims) ID proof, address proof and an optional relationship proof (proving how you are related to said person - although they waved this off for me as my mom is a highly valued customer or something like that idk).

Total Cost : 10000(cheque)/15000(cash) to activate the account which can be pulled out later. After that, 2k per month to keep it running. Also theres a bank charge of 200 bucks for everything.

That said, this is great for the average broke student as you can convince someone to maintain your account (if you can't) and when you shut it down you can let them have their money back with the extra interest as a bonus for helping you. Its a WIN - WIN :)

Why did you open a normal ICICI account? You could have had gone for the ICICI B2 branchfree account(www.b2.icicibank.com). It has a Virtual Credit Card(VISA) facility. You can use it on Paypal and also use it directly in online transactions.

I read some comments saying Paypal has blocked B2 cause its a VCC service. In any case, I'm more satisfied with this more-permanent setup. Btw, will Mastercard do? Or should I ask the ICICI chaps to upgrade me to VISA?

I read some comments saying Paypal has blocked B2 cause its a VCC service. In any case, I'm more satisfied with this more-permanent setup. Btw, will Mastercard do? Or should I ask the ICICI chaps to upgrade me to VISA?

That's unlikely, cause ICICI gives a permanent VCC and the one time use HDFC VCCs are still accepted. If that's the case, they should have blocked HDFC VCCs first. :p

I have only tried ICICI Visa Debit cards with PayPal, but there is no reason MasterCard shouldn't work. (Didn't know they issue MasterCard debit cards, I have seen only Visa debit cards from ICICI ;) )

That's unlikely, cause ICICI gives a permanent VCC and the one time use HDFC VCCs are still accepted. If that's the case, they should have blocked HDFC VCCs first. :p
Wow I thought most of them were banned. Well in anycase, atleast I don't have to worry about VCCs suddenly getting detected and blocked :p

I have only tried ICICI Visa Debit cards with PayPal, but there is no reason MasterCard shouldn't work. (Didn't know they issue MasterCard debit cards, I have seen only Visa debit cards from ICICI ;) )
Mastercard will be fine with paypal no issue have been using icici credit card as well as hdfc
Till now no problem

Thanks guys. They apparently give Mastercard by default and VISA is an extra 100bucks charge from what they told me.

So at present no Indian International Debit cards from any Bank are Working with paypal ??
Can some one share some Info About it
Thanx

It is working very well. Just used it a week back.

Like @varkey said, they allot a permanent card number to the VCC. That is why I went for it.
I think it will be hard for Paypal to detect if it is a VCC or actual credit card unless ICICI tells them explicitly the range of card numbers used for the VCC service.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is working very well. Just used it a week back.

Like @varkey said, they allot a permanent card number to the VCC. That is why I went for it.
I think it will be hard for Paypal to detect if it is a VCC or actual credit card unless ICICI tells them explicitly the range of card numbers used for the VCC service.

Fair enough. Its another option then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back