PC Peripherals Can some one help me with buying a PC

Deepa

Disciple
Hello friends

I am gonna buy a new computer budget is Rs.40,000/-. Can i go for assembled or Branded. I can not go and buy from ritchie like others since i have no knowledge on computers. My use will be programing, entertainment, little gaming, etc...

thank you

Ask Saiyan to take you to Ritchie street..... You just relax while he does the bargaining :p

At least you have a good friend like him to help you out in this purchase.

I suggest that you go for an assembled PC over a branded PC. You can get a better overall computer for the same price. And you can customise to your requirements...

Rs.40,000/- will get you a very good system. Most of us here would suggest a PC based on AMD processor. Also, would you be the only one using this computer? OR u have any siblings or anyone else who might use the comp for other purposes such as playing games, heavy duty 3D graphical applications.

The more feedback we receive from you regarding the specifics, the more precisely we could suggest you on what component to go with. If u want to save urself the hassels of choosing the hardware components, then a simpler solution would be to go with specific model of a branded computer. Do let us know.

Amd 3200+ 7500
Asus A8n-E or the Msi Mobo cost dunno processor + mobo i guess 15k
Ram twinmos mtech 400 mhz 1 gb 512 *2 = 4500
cd rw sony and dvd rw benq 1640 4000
Monitor viewsonic 17'' 7000
hard disk 80 gb sata 2500
keyboard and mouse 1000
smps and cabby = 2000
Graphics card 7300gs :)
its a good config but gaming .. dunno how much it will be able to for gaming u gotta just upgrade the gfx card.

Wow thanks for the inputs guyz.... Saiyan called me yesterday saying that there is a AMD 3000+ processor for sale from a Member here.. When i told this to my dad about the AMD CPUs my dad said AMDs heats up a lot, slow speed(i think 3000+ is 1.8Ghz). He told intel is the best since it has got 3Ghz CPUS...when i tolded this to Saiyan he told intel P4 are crap when compared to AMD at the same price range(is that because he have AMD he is telling it to me also????). Also sorry guyz i cant buy anything from this site..coz my dad will be buying the computer from local dealer.
It would be nice if u guyz tell me intel config as well as a AMD config with full details.. so that i can give it to the dealer. and Intel has some thing called Extreme graphics2 and GMA900 which my delear said very good for gaming. Also i like to have the Cabinet with big blue Light in the front, saiyan showed me the picture of the cabinet before.

Tell your dad to have one to one chat about Intel vs AMD with our Saiyan... I am sure he will make your change your dad's way of thinking :)...

Deepa said:
It would be nice if u guyz tell me intel config as well as a AMD config with full details.. so that i can give it to the dealer. and Intel has some thing called Extreme graphics2 and GMA900 which my delear said very good for gaming. Also i like to have the Cabinet with big blue Light in the front, saiyan showed me the picture of the cabinet before.
Well intel extreme graphics is good for gaming. Someone give me this dealer's number :D. I wanna thrash this guy's place up :p. Jokes apart, pentiums are sucky for everything other than video encoding. Also its the pentiums that heat up these days and not AMD. The clock speed doesn't matter. What matters is how much work is done per clock cycle. For example, an AMD processor takes 4 instructions to multiply two 32bit floats IIRC, however a pentium 4 takes 14 instructions to do the same. In any floating point intensive program, an AMD will own an intel. Especially for games, a slightly overclocked athlon 64 3000+(~120$) will end up being faster than an intel extreme edition processor (~1000$). The difference in performance is that high. Maybe you might want to show your dad these posts :)

I'd say go for AMD....
Deepa said:
When i told this to my dad about the AMD CPUs my dad said AMDs heats up a lot, slow speed(i think 3000+ is 1.8Ghz).

You should've come to the Chennai TE Meet, we'd put forward some good reasons to go for AMD..

AMD ALL THE WAY..........and that dealer knows nothing i even doubt he cud assemble a sli system properly...with raid and install 4 os with 3rd party boot loader ...

^^^That guy wont be knowing what is SLI or crossfire, even raid(only raid he would be knowing is from IT department or Police dept). Trust me i know him.

Saiyan said:
^^^That guy wont be knowing what is SLI or crossfire, even raid(only raid he would be knowing is from IT department or Police dept). Trust me i know him.

Prioritize your usage...AMD's game better, heat less and basically do more for less...
Intel's are the heaters these days..and running benchies on your rig all night is a good way to heat your room in winter if you're using intel..:bleh:

Intel's vid encode better and maybe audio encode...they seem to utilise SSE3 better also...

However Intel still has that big name feel, though AMD has been steadily gaining ground there too..

Basically since you don't seem to wanna concern yourself with issues regards heat mainly....go AMD i'd say:)

vandal said:
Prioritize your usage...AMD's game better, heat less and basically do more for less...

Intel's are the heaters these days..and running benchies on your rig all night is a good way to heat your room in winter if you're using intel..:bleh:

Intel's vid encode better and maybe audio encode...they seem to utilise SSE3 better also...

However Intel still has that big name feel, though AMD has been steadily gaining ground there too..

Basically since you don't seem to wanna concern yourself with issues regards heat mainly....go AMD i'd say:)

i don't know wat are talking about...... but when i see anyone with intel, first thing comes into mine mind is poor chap ..... must be a n00b ...... and AMD not does more with less ..... have u seen pentium D and X2 prices ..... for anything i will suggest AMD, but thats me

Guyz my dad is thinking of buying Intel Pentium 4 64 3.06Ghz Processor. Can anyone tell me what is that cabinet with big Blue LED in the front and a door, silver in colour.

P.S. I'll this thread to my dad tommorrow and hopefully he;ll get me a AMD.. Some one put some very info as to brainwash my dad.(also can delete this line tommorrow morning).

Thank You

^^ they always use crap PC components and there cases looks like they came from ancient ages ..... i will not suggest compaq .....Pentium 4 3.06Ghz lol .... in every ad of compaq u can find that processor ..... lemme tell other specs ...

intel extreme graphics 2 lol

128MB ram

DVD Rom (still a big thing for them)

not written

no agp slot

ram can be PC2700

proccessor temp can reach 100*c

in photo they will show LCD moniter but actually it wil come with a CRT (but compaq CRT's are good :) )

Chaos said:
^^There is no such chip if he's thinking of the 3.06GHz, he's crazy thats a 3year old chip.

Ahem! i beg to differ.. :p

Intel started supplying LGA775 3.06GHz/533FSB/non-HTT/1MB L2 cache chips (mostly to OEM sector) since last august. Infact, for the last 2 weeks, Intel's even supplying Pentium 4 524 LGA775 3.06/533FSB/HTT/1MB L2 ;)

3.06 only the northwood was good but thts a 2 year old chip i dont think going for any prescott is a good idea even if u get northwood .. dont get it get a amd :)

Back