Can we Control normal Smart WiFi Bulb like B22 Philips via pc ?

Home Assistant guys, all you need is Home Assistant. It's open source and has a huge list of supported devices. You can control anything from anywhere using its Web interface and apps.

I do not think even if we make an application we will be able to control these non standard devices. Since it’s wall garden approach, and a manufacturer will try to push you their products other than making the interface standard. Phillips hue works cause it’s based on zigbee standard interface. Best bet is it use it with an aggregator like google home or Alexa.

I shifted to working on MATTER right now, and this is exactly something that it resolves. Hopefully we have more device support, since Google Apple Amazon are supporting it through their ecosystems, and local self hosted options are also available using matter :)

I shifted to working on MATTER right now, and this is exactly something that it resolves. Hopefully we have more device support, since Google Apple Amazon are supporting it through their ecosystems, and local self hosted options are also available using matter :)
Looks interesting!

Can you link any tutorials/articles for getting started on this?
Or probably a separate new post on your findings and learnings regarding Matter.

Looks interesting!

Can you link any tutorials/articles for getting started on this?
Or probably a separate new post on your findings and learnings regarding Matter.
Sorry for the late reply, I was busy when I checked your message later it skipped my mind. So it's basically very easy, just head over to https://github.com/project-chip/connectedhomeip/tree/master/examples/chip-tool and compile the chip-tool. This can be used to commission a device to Wi-Fi or THREAD over BLE, we usually use a UNIX or LINUX machine (using a RPi4, at work), windows support is not something being looked into. I think I saw a home assistant plugin for it. You can explore more on this and check what others are working. MATTER is working over local network only, the controller (for e.g. Apple HomePod, Amazon Echo, Google Smart devices) is generally the one filling the internet requirement. So you should be able to achieve it by having RPi4 or equivalent accessible over internet.

Yeah, on a separate note, we can start a separate thread for all this, if we get more traction on this.

Back