Graphic Cards Can we RMA a GPU for high temps?

Aren't service centres only to accept product for rma after confirming no physical damage & customer supposed to take back the repaired product after signing no physical damage on form?
You haven't heard the horror story experiences, I see.
Yes, but not all centres follow it. Some take physically pristine products and send damaged products back too.
So my advice was only to avoid such mishaps.

You haven't heard the horror story experiences, I see.
Yes, but not all centres follow it. Some take physically pristine products and send damaged products back too.
So my advice was only to avoid such mishaps.
Strange, all the service centres I have been to recently they inspect the product first & only after confirming no physical damage they issue the rma receipt. Similarly at the time of taking it back they ask to sign the rma receipt after checking product & I never signed before making sure everything is ok.

But still RMA helps in this case. His issue will be resolved, and warranty will remain intact.
I would advise to take pictures/videos of card in service center before handing them over. If they damage it, you can blame them and they can't deny for physical damage.
There is not need for that . When they accept the card it automatically means they have goner through the card and there is no physical damage.

I'm in a similar situation. I currently have a Colorful RTX 3070 Battle-Ax with 4 months warranty left. It's shutting down after crossing 93° occasionally while playing HellDivers 2 on the "High" Preset. I have tried undervolting and reducing power limit. It only delays the inevitable shut down. The card has never been open and it's fairly clean and dust free on the outside. But I'm guessing that the thermal pads and grease are failing.

I've emailed RPtech and they have responded, asking me to send them front, back and invoice of the GPU and a video of the problem. So I did that yesterday at around 2pm. Now waiting for their response.

Mine were extremely high temps. The nvidia overlay showed gpu temps in the mid 90s. PC would crash after a few minutes of gaming. Mid 70s might not meet the criteria. You should ask gigabyte once on socials. They might agree to it
BTW @Abhijat did you get the new card?
I have a gigabyte RTX3070 which is still in warranty. For the past few days I have observed that the hot spot temperature reaches 105C and the GPU temp is around mid 70s while gaming and then the fans spin up to 100% for a few seconds. This keeps happening over and over. Using GPU-Z, I have confirmed that the GPU thermal throttles in that situation. I tried an under-volt for the card using afterburner and it slightly improved the situation. I can replace the paste and pads which might help, but considering the GPU is in warranty, I don't want to disassemble it.

What I am curious to know is if anyone has been able to RMA a GPU in current times due to a similar issue and if so, what is the best way to present my case in the service center. Any inputs on this will be very much appreciated.
Did you RMA the card in the end? If so, what was the outcome?

I'm in a similar situation. I currently have a Colorful RTX 3070 Battle-Ax with 4 months warranty left. It's shutting down after crossing 93° occasionally while playing HellDivers 2 on the "High" Preset. I have tried undervolting and reducing power limit. It only delays the inevitable shut down. The card has never been open and it's fairly clean and dust free on the outside. But I'm guessing that the thermal pads and grease are failing.

I've emailed RPtech and they have responded, asking me to send them front, back and invoice of the GPU and a video of the problem. So I did that yesterday at around 2pm. Now waiting for their response.
Is rptech service center nearby to you, if yes just should have gone there and rmaed it.

Is rptech service center nearby to you, if yes just should have gone there and rmaed it.
I've read somewhere that I should be emailing them first so that they can generate a token for me. Then only should I visit the service center. So I did that first as I was unsure if Colorful is serviced by RPTech.

Yes their service center is around 30 mins away from me.

I've read somewhere that I should be emailing them first so that they can generate a token for me. Then only should I visit the service center. So I did that first as I was unsure if Colorful is serviced by RPTech.

Yes their service center is around 30 mins away from me.
Just go there and submit it, share the reason there only as they will ask.....i did it same way last year.
No need to mail them

I had mixed review for Gigabyte... according to them temp below 90 is fine I was having 85-88 deg constant with fans at 100%
Last I could make them is repaste and then temp were 80-82 which I do feel is still higher

I had mixed review for Gigabyte... according to them temp below 90 is fine I was having 85-88 deg constant with fans at 100%
Last I could make them is repaste and then temp were 80-82 which I do feel is still higher
You can cross verify by mailing to gigabyte support and also check on web for sources to verify the claim of service center

What temps were these? Please specify.

GPU? Hot Spot? Memory Junction?

If these were GPU temps, then check your Hotspot/Memory temps. They could be way higher (normally the delta is 15-20c compared to GPU temps).

What temps were these? Please specify.

GPU? Hot Spot? Memory Junction?

If these were GPU temps, then check your Hotspot/Memory temps. They could be way higher (normally the delta is 15-20c compared to GPU temps).
These were gpu temps and yes hotspots were 101-103 deg or something.
Well I'll drop a mail to gigabyte as well to understand more about their policy butfor now I sold the gpu off and got a MSI Suprim X instead which has been much cooler

Hey, can i get an ASUS GPU RMA done, when the warranty left is only 1 months. Also the GPU was previously RMAed and i don't have invoice or RMA slip now.

Back