Camera Can we use micro SD card via SD card's adopter in Camera

Hi friends,

I want to know if we can use Micro SD cards with SD card adopters in Camera and if yes, what type of Micro SD cards should be bought and if not what type of SD cards should be bought for camera.

Regards

yes
and its an adapter, not an adopter.

class of card depends on the camera class 6 is a standard class for a large number of consumer cameras imho!

Usually on Sandisk cards there is a circle with a number written in the center , that number usually indicates the class of the card.

@shaktiprabha Can you please post your requirements?
I guess you are planning to buy a card for camera, and seeing all the deals for microSD card thinking of using it for your camera.
Usually SD cards are cheaper than micro SD cards of the same rating, for HD video recording the card has to sustain higher write speeds (higher rating).

I am using a micro sd card with a camera and it works fine for pictures, lags a little for HD video recording
Camera - Canon SX210
Card - 32 GB Sandisk Class 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a class 4 at the very least if possible. Class 6 is mainly needed for high speed video. I used a class 2 with my Canon A480, did not have much issues.

Class 6 in the bare minimum required for video,but for pure HD a class 10 card is way better.
I have got better results with Sandisk Extreme class 10 cards.

Info needed for adapter

yes
and its an adapter, not an adopter.

class of card depends on the camera class 6 is a standard class for a large number of consumer cameras imho!

Hi, I was looking for a Class 10 SD card for my DSLR - but by mistake I ordered micro sd card class 10 - with Adapter ... Is there any performance degradation in this arrangement ? --- I need the card to perform fast or else it will be a problem while shooting in continuous mode...

by mistake I ordered micro sd card class 10 - with Adapter ... Is there any performance degradation in this arrangement ?
no issues.
im using a sandisk ultra class 10 with my Nikon dslr and shoot HD videos too.
no lags or loss of performance.

just make sure you get a good adaptor if it does not come along with the microsd

Back