Cannon sx10is suggestion reqd

m_square said:
how fz28 is much better than sx10..
is it different sensor or the lens that makes it prefferable to cannon..
I was off the impression that cannon makes better camera...
one thing i noticed is fz28 is much lighter than sx10
and looks wise i liked sx10...

well canons cameras have better sensor,but the panasonic cameras like FZ28 have the leica lens which is considered one of the best.simply put the pansonic fz28 has the edge in image quality over sx10is,the canon however has less noise in high iso shots.

hi guys..thanks for your comments...

thanks adder for clarifying the difference..

I have finally made up my mind and decided to go ahead with DSLR.....CANNON 450D with the default 18-55 IS lens

I purchased it from bangalore.. got it for 33k....

Once again thanking you all in clearing up my doubts and make me take a decision for going ahead with SLR....

m_square said:
Hi
i m planning to buy cannon sx10is..i would like to get opinion on the performance of this camera.

Please suggest where can i buy it in bangalore at the cheapest rate.

Suggestions are welcome on other ultra zoom model cameras..

my intention was initially to go with a SLR camera but that will be too expensive that's y i have shifted to SLR like models..

Thanks in advance...

i dont have detail knowledge about cameras, but was suggested SX10 by many friends (who do alot photography)..

All i can say is that im very pleased... Superb Shots, Superb features and Great Common-sense.. Total VFM :)

I have been owning a Canon SX 10IS for more than a month now and I am really very happy with the features and clarity.
Night shots as well as the Super Macro shots are a pleasure to capture. Though a bit on the heavier side, the features compensate for the pain.

Bumping up this thread. Any updates from anyone who bought either of the cameras? Im looking at either the SX10IS or the FZ28. Really really confused between the two. Just starting to read the dpreview test, and ill see what i can gather from there. Meanwhile someone please post and help me out!! Thanks :D

hunt3r said:
Bumping up this thread. Any updates from anyone who bought either of the cameras? Im looking at either the SX10IS or the FZ28. Really really confused between the two. Just starting to read the dpreview test, and ill see what i can gather from there. Meanwhile someone please post and help me out!! Thanks :D

well for pure image quality i would go with the panasonic FZ28 its leica lens makes the difference.download the images taken by the two cameras from DP review and compare them urself,it should be easy to pick a camera.

Back