Camera Canon 1100D vs Canon 600D

I checked out the 600D and Sony A58 at Vijay Sales last night. I kind of like the A58.
It comes to 32000 with 18-55 kit lens and 42000 with 18-135 kit lens. It's a little cheaper on ebay. Make sense ?

Thanks @dafreaking, but I already checked the comparo.

I want to know real people opinions. Apart from the fact that I won't have a huge pool of Lenses to buy and borrow from, are there any other things I need to look out for ?
Are the lenses in the Sony camp too expensive ? I think they are similarly priced. I will probably go in for the 18-135mm and body combo at the start.
Getting it for around 42000/- at stores, cheaper online.
And I suppose, the 18-135mm should serve me well to get started.

Any obvious shortcomings for the A58 or Sony DSLR's in general compared to the Canons ?
I used the A58 for a while and really like how it worked.
The only thing Canon has going for me is that a close friend already owns the Canon 550D and a couple of good lenses, which would benefit both if I were to pick the 600D.

Sorry. Don't have any knowledge at all about the Sony's. The Canon is the best bang for the buck CANON Dslr. I remember a lot of people were disappointed with the A58 when the A58 as it isn't really an upgrade over the highly rated A57

Sorry. Don't have any knowledge at all about the Sony's. The Canon is the best bang for the buck CANON Dslr. I remember a lot of people were disappointed with the A58 when the A58 as it isn't really an upgrade over the highly rated A57
I have read that too, about the disappointment with the A58. But the A57 ain't available and I thought the Sony's are more feature rich compared to the Canons.

Pick anyone honestly. You wont regret it. Buying SLR is like joining a party. :D. All have its merits and demerits. Although here ideology is same. Take pictures. So you dont loose.

Get the cheapest body with some nice lenses. This is the suggestion I give to everyone. :D.

I have the 600D so can only speak about it. IMHO you won't be disappointed with it.
The decision is now down to 600D / 700D or the A58.

Pick anyone honestly. You wont regret it. Buying SLR is like joining a party. :D. All have its merits and demerits. Although here ideology is same. Take pictures. So you dont loose.

Get the cheapest body with some nice lenses. This is the suggestion I give to everyone. :D.

Have been thinking the same since the past 2 days. But I am an upgrade addict when it comes to mobile phones. Don't want that same habit with this new hobby too. So I think that I should pick up the best in my budget right now to avoid the upgrade itch later.

If you can stretch your budget to get a 600d why not look at the 60d as well?

Will check it out.

Not worth 2x the price IMHO. You can get a great third party lens + 600D for the price of a 700D. And as @chiron mentions (I am sure he meant to write 700D instead of 600D) You are better off buying a 60D compared to a 700D

OK. I am also looking at the Canon 600D with the dual lens combo for around 36K. (seems great vfm)
Good to get started ?
Also, any idea about the Canon 100D, the compact model ?

Back