Camera Canon 550D + which lens for 50k?

Aces170 said:
Have the Tamron 17-50 non VC, beautiful piece of glass. The absence of IS is hardly missed at these focal lengths.

I have the VC version. In real life, difference between VC and non VC are nonexistent.

Plus I've taken absolutely steady handheld photos at 1.6sec with the VC turned on :D VC on this lens is amazing!

I am having tamron 17-50 non VC version and this lens is just brilliant..Its just awesome :D Only thing that might bother you is the autofocusing sound ;) but for me its all good :) And yea I dont miss the VC.

I have got a quote of 50k for the canon 550d body(30k) + tamron 17-50mm (20k) from Mod Enterprises, Palika Bazar. I think a slight negotiation is possible, is this a reasonable deal ?

body could be asked for a little cheaper if possible.

28k maybe.

and hope these is with bill and manufacturer warranty.

Shakensoul said:
I have got a quote of 50k for the canon 550d body(30k) + tamron 17-50mm (20k) from Mod Enterprises, Palika Bazar. I think a slight negotiation is possible, is this a reasonable deal ?

Tamron 17-50 @20K with bill ??

If it's with B&W,then it's the best price you can get for it.

Ok finally time for the updates on the purchase front :)

Bought

Canon 550D with kit lens from ebay - 32.5k (did not get the kit bag :mad:)
Tamron 17-50mm non VC - 20k
Canon 50mm 1.8 - 5.6k
Vanguard Uprise 43 - 3.7k

Everything with bill and warranty :)

The Vanguard Uprise 43 is built like a tank, though initially wanted to get the Uprise 34, but was a little wary about the small opening for the camera. So decided to get the Uprise 43 which was only about 700 extra and have enough room for future upgrades. Completely satisfied with the quality of the bag, total VFM, robust padding and enough space for lens and accessories. Though the size is little more than I wanted and it feels like a complete backpack on your back, but satisfied with the overall protection for the gear inside.

Have ordered few more accessories from international ebay, will update once its received.

So time for some clicks...:)

Mate...where did u buy the bad from? I am also looking for the same bag. Flipkart was a little expensive I think so was looking at other options for myself.
Shakensoul said:
Vanguard Uprise 43 - 3.7k

^True, i bought it off a dealer locally here for 3.5k three months back. But at the same time i found the price in smartshoppers around 4k, but now it is 5k :S.

@Saiyan... Can u pass me contact details if u have them handly; would call them and get a quote.

@Shaken....Did u get the bag yet? wanted to know if u got this in original packaging or was it loosely packed?

Thanks Shaken... Ordered a bag and repped u.

I would certainly like to know what other accessories u have ordered for ur camera as I have almost a similar setup as u:)

^Good re, 3.7k is a good price inclusive of shipping. I was just checking my old gtalk chat log with gmano sir & found out that smartshoppers were selling it at 3825 :O

on a side note, vanguard 43 is way too big for me :p, so i ended up buying the Tamrac velocity 7x for 2.5k. Velocity 7x is a very good sling bag, light in weight and very compact.

@Shakensoul, Congrats :)

Back