Car & Bike Car Audio Setup

Radeon

Adept
Hi guys,

Any suggestions for car audio setup? I've Pioneer 3090DEH HU with two pre-outs. I'd need speakers, woofer and an amplifier.

The car is Wagon R. All suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards,

Radeon

Sorry for not mentioning the budget. I'd say I'm pretty ok in spending another 15k. I've Sony Xplode 4" inches speakers, and I'm rather happy to burn them :D

I like POP, JAZZ, Rock, Hip-Hop :)

Bottle has an all blau system with a blau mp36 HU, blaupunkt GTA4 special mkII amp and blau Thc components in front, Blau BGx coax in the rear. Sounds very nice for a value car audio system. Much more neutral sounding than the jbl/pioneer crap.

being in delhi, I'd recommend two places,

Driven at East of kailash,

or even low_bass_maker himself @ faridabad

if you go to the former , i have a feeling you'll end up buying a Kenwood amp and bull speakers

in case you choose the latter, by no means go near l_b_m's ride. it will either make you feel miserable, or spend 150K instead of 15 on sound :p

Hmmm, then I'd rather try Driven :D

What about speakers, I mean do I need rear and front with subwoofer for good sound experience? Considering I've two pre-outs on the HU, is it possible to have front and rear with subwoofer?

i think 4" coax for front, 6" coax for rear + amp + sub would do. i think a 2 channel amp should be enough.

if you are more adventurous , you can cut your door panels, get 5/6" comps and install them there :)

looks like this

Any specific brand I should go for speakers/coax within my budget? Can I use component for both rear and front?

Chaos, I've never ignored your post, but I've no idea how much would those components cost which you've mentioned.

components- no use putting them at the rear , and the wagon R has only 4" locations in thee dash, none in the door. so no components there either ( to be honest, components make sense only if you are mounting on the door. components on the dash dont sound much better than coax in the same location )

If you still want comps , 2 options - cut the door panels and install a 5/6 incher ( recommended option)

or

get 4" component speakers- the only co which makes them is illusion audio. ( lbm should be able to help you with this)

recommended brands for speakers

Blaupunkt Thc series

Illusion audio - should be available with lbm -they have 4" comps

Bull audio - available at driven

I have twin Soundstream components in the front dash of the WagonR, and two Pioneer 6x9s in the boot mounted in enclosures.

Its a bit coloured (Pioneer HU!), but the bass is tight and doesn't boom all that much, mostly thanks to the enclosures. So if you don't mind sacrificing a bit of boot space, get your coaxials mounted in cabinets in the rear.

in 15k you can have an amp and woofer if you compromise on your front panel going for the basic...if you want a better panel with good graphics then 15k will be less.Stick to pioneers for front panels..they are good

for rear speakers if you want good sound clarity stressing more on vocals then look at soundstream. If you want more boom then Kicker or Jbl are good.

In your budget you can only buy a Sony Xplod Amp and JBL woofer.

Also look at the price of the Bass tube if you can...it will take up a lot of space in your trunk but the bass is totally worth it.

um, he already has an HU :p

within a 15k budget , he should be able to get a good pair of comps+ rear 6x9's

trying to add an amp + sub might complicate things

If he has a HU. I would suggest him to go for a component kit in the front, a 4 channel amp and a sub. It will cost him approx 15k.

1) Illusion Electra 6.1 (6.5k)

2) Blau MKII amp (5k)

3) GZ MKII sub (5.5)

Installation about 1 - 1.5k...approx.

good idea if the car is carry only two people. else the rear seat passengers will be getting an overdose of bass( not always bad :p)

Thanks a bunch guys. I think I'll have to expand my budget a bit, this month I cannot really afford to spend more than 15k.

What I think is to get really good speakers this month only and next month spend money on front, subwoofer and amp. Can anyone tell me should I get traditional "phatta" for the speakers or what?... I'm sorry I'm new to all this.

Back