Car & Bike Car Audio Setup

Radeon said:
Any specific brand I should go for speakers/coax within my budget? Can I use component for both rear and front?

Chaos, I've never ignored your post, but I've no idea how much would those components cost which you've mentioned.

The prices were pretty cheap - 4.5k or so for components, 2.5k for rear ovals, 7k for the amp and 7.5k for head unit. Since you already have a HU, you can use the existing one. You can replace the rear ovals with a Sub if you have the space.

well the site looks good , but since when was the look and feel of a company website ever a criteria for buying any of their products :p

Radeon said:
Yaar, it is in east of kailash, means atleast I've to spend four hours in pathetic Delhi traffic conditions :(

Look at Kicker website, I think it is much better than Illusion, Blau, JBL, pioneer, Bull audio etc

KICKER Car Stereo - Fuel for Livin' Loud!

Well if you want quality work to be done, good customer service, thorough professional job, go to driven or our own in-house l_b_m. Most of the accessories shop I have seen are useless in terms of installation, they will sell you the product but will beat the sh*t out of your car with a hammer and chiesel.

+1 to what shakensoul said. lbm and driven are among the very best you can get in india.

shailesh- i suggest you find out whats in front as well. What more do you want from your system? more volume , more quality, more bass, and what music do you listen to ?

Go with LBM........i have exactly the same set up recommended by him......its pure SQ. You can't believe what the Illusion 6.1 Electra's are giving for the price! The bass on the sub is also pretty natural sounding if taken in a sealed enclosure.....I hate boomy bass anyway........Though, LBM wouldn't 2 channels bridged of the Blau amp given a lot less than required for the GZ subs?....I know therez a range but still ........?

and yea..........please go to LBM to get installed.........hez one of the best people around.......and trust me u will see the difference when he sets up ur stuff........

Ragin_Ice said:
..Though, LBM wouldn't 2 channels bridged of the Blau amp given a lot less than required for the GZ subs?....I know therez a range but still ........?

It will be sounding nice and low. The sub will not be played to it full potential but the result will be fine for the price it is paid for.

Just went back from Driven, I'm afraid I returned back bare handed, the setup he explained was way, way over my original budget. He was suggesting:

Bull Audio TRI-6090 Speaker - 4.5k

Bull audio ESW-12 Subwoofer - 8.xk

Kenwood KAC-8401 - 5k

Bull audio wiring - additional 3.5k+1.1k for extra RCA

+ Installation - whatsoever

or

Bull audio CS 525.75 component - don't remember the price

Bull audio ESW-12 Subwoofer - 8.xk

Kenwood KAC-8401 - 5k

Bull audio wiring - additional 3.5k+1.1k for extra RCA

+ Installation - whatsoever

I've planed to wait little longer. Thank you for the help guys, appreciate it.

low_bass_makker said:
If he has a HU. I would suggest him to go for a component kit in the front, a 4 channel amp and a sub. It will cost him approx 15k.

1) Illusion Electra 6.1 (6.5k)

2) Blau MKII amp (5k)

3) GZ MKII sub (5.5)

Installation about 1 - 1.5k...approx.

l_b_m's offer is still good. what about the wiring etc ?

greenhorn said:
l_b_m's offer is still good. what about the wiring etc ?

Wiring can be done for approx 1 - 1.5k. I will be using Finolex for the power(EvenI use it myself I have 0/2 (70 mmsq) power able), MX rca, MX speaker cable.

Any maybe some T-Enclave Discount. :cool:

do you make house calls :D ( remember that his door panels might need some cutting-shutting)

Radeon, I'd suggest you take up l_b_m's offer while it lasts. MX cables work quite fine, and as good as the wiring which supposedly costs so many thousands. - it should be all you need :D

Thank you LBM, appreciate your input. But I've decided to hold on for a while, as I'm planning to expand my budget to get really good stuff.

I've also exchanged my Pioneer DEH 3090 with DEH 6050, so I've good HU now. I had to pay the difference to the vendor plus he deducted some extra money to take back 3090 at 3050 prices. Oh... I'm really pissed off at myself I bought 3090 initally and only had two pre-outs, atleast now I've three pre-outs and many more features.

the 3090 and the 6050 differ only in features . all pios have the same sound signature. except possibly the high end stuff like the P80 RS.

Yes, I get seven band graphic equalizer in 6050 that was missing in 3090, another pre-out, plus I really wanted Auto-slide capability with 6050, not to mention OEL display is pretty good and also have direct iPod connection too.

It was pretty expensive in the end for me, because I initially purchased a generic stereo and the shopkeep also deducted some money for it too. But I'm happy to be an owner of 6050 in the end.

Back