Car & Bike Car Audio Setup

any speakers other than the polk will solve it :p

so what setup are you planning to go with now ?

amp, sub, 4" coax up front, anything else ?

maybe some 5/6" coax somewhere in the rear. I'd suggest a 2 ch amp bridged to drive the sub since most 4" coax's cant handle the power from an amp, and there is no point sending it to the rear coax either - it will upset the front/rear balance even worse . Spend the money on a better sub and/or some damping if required or maybe one of them pioneer steering wheel remotes

the amp is okay. amps , arent very critical at this price point I dont think there would be a big difference in the performance of either :)

The GTA 480 would cost about 10k :p check the list crazy eddy uploaded for a list of blau dealers

That's MRP it shouldn't cost more than 7.8-8.5k.

Guys lets forget about component, because I don't want any 'hoes' in my front door, I only prefer rear 6x9" & 4" front + sub+amp.

For sub, lets have a deal to go with Polk as mentioned before

Whats the best I could go with 6x9"+front 4" and an amp?

Oh, and I'm with Sealed enclosure.

Radeon, dude what are you on??

No offence, but your setups really looked messed up.

Not heard polk, but users say that they get a headache after a while.

Are you going to drive this car or are you gonna sit at the back seat??

if you are gonna drive, i strongly suggest you get 4" comps in the front, 6" coax at the back, a decent woofer and a 4 channel amp (2 channels for the front, rear channels bridged for the sub)

if this is exceeding your budget, better wait for a while and install something you won't regret.

I don't want any 'hoes' in my...

A very good idea. We arent playing GTA 4:p

rear 6x9" & 4" front + sub

cannot you read what people have posted before ?

greenhorn said:
6x9's and a sub is pretty redundant . people usually use 6x9's if there is no sub and they need bass. If you already have a sub, then there is no need to get 6x9's also!

low_bass_makker said:
I will also not recommend a 6x9 + sub combo as it will not do justice in the car.

if you really want 6x9's that badly, just get the 4" and 6x9's for now and drive around with them for a while. you may end up not wanting a sub

Radeon said:
Hello friends,

I've decided to go with the following:

Polk DB 690 - 6x9" - 5k
Polk DB 1240 - Sub - 5K
Kenwood 8401 - Amp - 5k
Wiring - E2 + extra RCA - 3.7k
Sub Enclosures ported/sealed + parcel tray for speakers - 1.5k approx
+ installation whatsoever

May also go with Pioneer TS-20 tweeters if budget allows.

Installation day would be Thursday, at K Car Kunj, Punjabi bagh.

You dont go for illusion but not this bro, you will get headache in 10 mins. The polks are said to be very bright. and with ts20 it will sone par suhaga

Hello guys,

Audio setup has been installed in my car, thanks for your help guys, especially Chaos, Greenhorn and LBM. I went with following setup:

- POLK DB401 4-inch coaxial loudspeaker (Front, Dashboard) 3.5k
- POLK DB690 6x9 three-way loudspeaker (Rear, Parcel Tray) 5k
- POLK DB1240 12-inch single voice coil 4 Ohm subwoofer (Ported Encloure) 5+0.9k
- Kenwood 8401 Amplifier (for front and rear) 4.5k
- Sony Xplod 2.1 Amplifier (for subwoofer) 2.5k
- Sosche Wiring around 7k

Including installation.

I tried to reach LBM but he was down with fever few days back, and could not speak with him. I appreciate your help guys.

Sound quality is good, mid is amazing, treble is bit on higher side (as no doubt polk speakers are bright) but its quite pleasant to my ears.

The only concern is the bass sometimes could be very boomy, and have to change frequencies using HU. Overall, I believe I'm satisfied with the sound quality, though it exceeded by budget by FAR.

is it Sosche or Scoshe?

I remember getting 3 full length Scosche RCA cables for around 375 bucks last year

You might want to move on to a sealed enclosure if the bass is too boomy.

Its E2 Scosche, a kit includes an RCA an other cables, I needed more than one, I guess it was Rs. 750 per RCA. I'm not sure if he used two kits, I'll check invoice once again to make sure.

Once again I'll have to check bill for proper expenditure done on wiring. I may have to pay him another visit, if that's the case.

I rather prefer sound quality what amazes my ears, instead of listening to other opinions. I respect those who helped me. Being defensive, in my opinion one will loose his reputation/image in my eyes.

Polk, in my personal opinion aren't that bright, yes they are, but just, I would say they are quite under-rated on some forums.

Back