Car & Bike Car Audio Setup

i would opt for 4 inch comps running off an amp. the only 4" coax's i have heard are pioneer, jvc, sony, kenwood and a few others.

does illusion have 4" coax's??

LBM, do you also deal in Hertz? What do you have to say about it? Would you recommend any enclosure?

For time being, I'd say lets go with 6x9" Coax rear and sub/enclosure.

nope. LBM doesnt deal in hertz. I think he has a negative opinion of it :p . It's gonna be hard to get hold of hertz these days. the guy who was importing it stopped. Just some clearance stock left with him.( which i believe he was selling at 20% discount :D )

6x9's and a sub is pretty redundant :p . people usually use 6x9's if there is no sub and they need bass. If you already have a sub, then there is no need to get 6x9's also!

saintsinner said:
i would opt for 4 inch comps running off an amp. the only 4" coax's i have heard are pioneer, jvc, sony, kenwood and a few others.

does illusion have 4" coax's??

Yes Illusion have 4 inch coax, compo both

Radeon said:
LBM, do you also deal in Hertz? What do you have to say about it? Would you recommend any enclosure?

For time being, I'd say lets go with 6x9" Coax rear and sub/enclosure.

I would not recommend HERTZ to anyone who is spending there hard own money. There are better options in that price. It is good that it has stop india due to the less demand and more hype.

I will also not recommend a 6x9 + sub combo as it will not do justice in the car. Why not you give me a visit as you stay in Delhi. Or will give you a call when ever I am in delhi. PM me your number...

greenhorn said:
nope. LBM doesnt deal in hertz. I think he has a negative opinion of it :p . It's gonna be hard to get hold of hertz these days. the guy who was importing it stopped. Just some clearance stock left with him.( which i believe he was selling at 20% discount :D )

6x9's and a sub is pretty redundant :p . people usually use 6x9's if there is no sub and they need bass. If you already have a sub, then there is no need to get 6x9's also!

Rightly said GH. It is not that they have stop doing it and I will start liking it. It is I did no like there sound.

I understand why you don't like hertz, but I wouldn't say they are 100% useless. Its a matter of taste i guess :). I for one like mine !

greenhorn said:
I understand why you don't like hertz, but I wouldn't say they are 100% useless. Its a matter of taste i guess :). I for one like mine !

I totally agree. Thats why I did not said them crap. But majority will not like it.

Hello friends,

I've decided to go with the following:

Polk DB 690 - 6x9" - 5k

Polk DB 1240 - Sub - 5K

Kenwood 8401 - Amp - 5k

Wiring - E2 + extra RCA - 3.7k

Sub Enclosures ported/sealed + parcel tray for speakers - 1.5k approx

+ installation whatsoever

May also go with Pioneer TS-20 tweeters if budget allows.

Installation day would be Thursday, at K Car Kunj, Punjabi bagh.

Radeon said:
........Polk...... Pioneer TS-20 tweeters.............

:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

mate, radeon, that is possibly the worst combo you can think of , unless you are/want to be deaf or something. polk speakers are wayyyy to bright, and TS 20 tweeters.....:chair:

unless you've listened to these things and liked them, I'd suggest you check the other options, and that you positively stay away from the TS 20's

TS 20's(also known as the TSSSSSSSSS 20 are the hallmark of an ICE noob , kinda like the 1 GB geforce 8400 :p , and if you buy them, all our efforts have been in vain :|

But what's wrong with POLK? I guess the sub may be slightly under-rated (88db as compared to 92-93 on some), even though it has phenomenal RMS and not too shabby peak output.

I may also go for Kenwood KFC-W3514DVC woofer. It's specifications are as follows:

Type

Subwoofer

Size

300mm

Woofer Material

Titanium Coated Cone

Peak Power

1500W

Rated Power

380W

Sensitivity

93dB/W at 1m

Frequency Response

25Hz-800Hz

Magnet Weight

1,200g

Mounting Depth

172wmm

the polk sub is okay, but from what I've heard , the polks speakers are among the brightest (bright = more treble ) speakers you can get in india. If you like heavy metal/trance other kinds of music where the vocals dont matter much, then they are kinda ok, but otherwise , your midrange will suffer ( and you have a Pioneer HU, so the midrange issues will be even worse)

With no disrespect to LBM and greenhorn, both of them helped me a TON, I would prefer not to modify/cut my front doors as it would look quite ugly. If I had Maruti Swift or any other car with front Component space, I would've went with Component system without any issues.

just that there are a lot of other good 4" coax speakers out there besides the polks.

greenhorn said:
recommended brands for speakers

Blaupunkt TH/GT series

Illusion audio - should be available with lbm

Bull audio - available at driven

JBL GT5/GTO/Power series

again

Back