my requirements

diesel
automatic
good performance

what i have shortlisted

bmw 3 corp edition
skoda superb
toyota fortuner

do you have any preference between a sedan or a UV?

you will have many good options at this budget but,it would be nice if you share your preferred vehicle.
is the audi a4 diesel around 30 lakhs? i have always been overwhelmed by the design on that baby.you could check a few reviews out for performance and space requirements.

Of the listed options by you,i do go for a fortuner,but that is a personal taste and i find it to be very easy to drive around.dont have any experience with other cars so cannot comment on them.

i think looking at his location,it is very unlikey that the a4 will come under 30 lakhs.

i do recommend you to increase it a tad bit and take it.nothing comes close i feel to that incredible design and excellence of its finish.

in terms of driving and performance, fortuner without doubt.

but if u want luxary and comfort. then VW passat :x you can check Skoda Supurb V6 or Accord V6 too.

i am seriously looking into the 320d (highline) i will pick it up in a month or two
i already owned the accord v6 and skoda superb ( skoda has horrible A.S.S ) so avoid :p
the reason why i am waiting is i want it for my bday sept 30 :D

i am seriously looking into the 320d (highline) i will pick it up in a month or two
i already owned the accord v6 and skoda superb ( skoda has horrible A.S.S ) so avoid
tongu23e.gif

the reason why i am waiting is i want it for my bday sept 30
happy55.gif

So you didn't use any SUV.
I think Fortuner without any doubt(fan of SUV's).;)

the bmw 3 has very bad ground clearance damn :( mostly i think i will get the fortuner or thinking of the X1

if you take the x1,your family is going to be real mad at you after a 4 or 5 hour long drive :p
the space is pathetic to say the least.at your budget you can do a lot better than the x1.

for some reason i find the interiors of the fortuner smaller than say the innova...but maybe thats just me..
do let us know which one you end up getting :)

ps-hope it the q3 :p

Audi Q3 is small car. Look for the pic of car with people standing beside it..
Also some review says the rear seat space is smaller..
Source - Team BHP .

@OP From your posts i would assume what you want is an automatic luxry SUV under 30L. And here are you options...

Renault koleos.

Nissan X-trail

Hyundai Santa Fe.

Other Good Choices:

VW Passat

Volvo S60.(Has a dealer now in chennai at EA)

Everyone Has thier Views about Cars and Brands so i would strongly suggest you have an test drive of all these cars before buying.

What about Land Rover Freelander cost 33 Lakh where it is the world most luxary car i love land Rover

Mercedes-Benz C-Class cost 25-33 lakh depend on various model

Volo XC60 cost 32 Lakh

BMW X1 cost 33 Lakh

Back