Careers and Employment Thread

I need some advice from the senior folks in the IT industry.
How is Nuvama Wealth Limited as a company for a back-end dev with around 15 years exp?
It was previously known as Edelweiss Broking Limited and now de-merged and formed a new org.
I can't seem to find many reviews about the software & engineering side of the company on glassdoor or elsewhere. So need some advice on what it will be like concerning job security, work-life balance, future prospects and such.
Is it advisable to company like this at this point in one's career?

A little bit of background..
Switching jobs after more than a decade in a product based MNC.
Was reluctant to make a switch earlier due to my comfort zone, family and own laziness.
Now after much effort & studies finally able to crack some interviews. However not getting much interview calls except from the usual service-based companies.
They too want a dev who knows everything in the world but aren't willing to pay more than 20% hike over an already minuscule current CTC compared to current market standards.

I need some advice from the senior folks in the IT industry.
How is Nuvama Wealth Limited as a company for a back-end dev with around 15 years exp?
It was previously known as Edelweiss Broking Limited and now de-merged and formed a new org.
I can't seem to find many reviews about the software & engineering side of the company on glassdoor or elsewhere. So need some advice on what it will be like concerning job security, work-life balance, future prospects and such.
Is it advisable to company like this at this point in one's career?
Just for the sake of switching and that you finally got selected to some job doesn't mean you have to go for it! Look into your LinkedIn network and find if some 2nd/3rd connection is associated with Nuvama and get their reviews before entering the unknown territory!

A little bit of background..
Switching jobs after more than a decade in a product based MNC.
Was reluctant to make a switch earlier due to my comfort zone, family and own laziness.
Now after much effort & studies finally able to crack some interviews. However not getting much interview calls except from the usual service-based companies.
Follow above advise first and you dont wanna regret after you join yet hope for the best and positives!
Else you will deeply regret and feel the earlier employer was better than shifting.

They too want a dev who knows everything in the world but aren't willing to pay more than 20% hike over an already minuscule current CTC compared to current market standards.
Thats the expectation in every IT field..morons wants a ferrari technician for the package of a maruti, bargain straight on the HRs face or insult them so that they be ashamed of themselves. I do that and dont fear at all nobody is going to blacklist you as they themselves are kids they dont know how industry works!

Just for the sake of switching and that you finally got selected to some job doesn't mean you have to go for it! Look into your LinkedIn network and find if some 2nd/3rd connection is associated with Nuvama and get their reviews before entering the unknown territory!

I tried getting in touch with people on LinkedIn who currently work there but no one replied back to my messages.

The biggest problem is I'm already lacking in terms of tech stack and salary as per the current market standards.
30~40% of the things in my resume are based on my own preparation which I found common in the requirements of most job descriptions.
So if I don't make a jump now, I fear it will get even tougher as I near 15 years of exp. So thinking of giving it a try and if doesn't work out well, then will try for a switch again or maybe go back to the current org..

I just want to hear from others what they think about the company as such. They have been growing rapidly and their stock price has gone 200% in the last 1 year.
But surprisingly not many reviews from the engineering/it side of things. And people don't want to get in touch.

The biggest problem is I'm already lacking in terms of tech stack and salary as per the current market standards.
Its same with me..underpaid tbh saying that publicly honestly and no shame in accepting and its due to employer exploitation tbh!
30~40% of the things in my resume are based on my own preparation which I found common in the requirements of most job descriptions.
So if I don't make a jump now, I fear it will get even tougher as I near 15 years of exp.
I'm 17yrs exp.
So thinking of giving it a try and if doesn't work out well, then will try for a switch again or maybe go back to the current org..
Try that no harm..
I just want to hear from others what they think about the company as such. They have been growing rapidly and their stock price has gone 200% in the last 1 year.
If you ask me the stocks etc. has nothing to do with employee benefits, compensation and appraisals as even google and ms will say the market is down/is slag and hence nothing while the co. makes hell of profits even in snag period but we get is a thumb or middle finger.

Need some info/advice for a friend.
She's in TCS for almost 16+ years now. Initial few years worked on desktop/server/network support team.
Later worked for some banking project as SRE and now working as Cloud Solution consultant (helping companies to onboard to cloud). Got aws & azure professional certifications.

To get out of TCS, what could be her options here?
What kind of roles she can apply and what skill needed to be acquired?

Got aws & azure professional certifications.

This is currently one of the highly demanded skills in the market. If she is good at Systems design (HLD & LLD) then it will be easy to land one of the Architect roles.
If she can do some coding (proficient in one of the coding languages like Java/Golang/Python etc) then all kinds of Staff/Principal Engineer roles can be explored.

Hello, everyone!
I am in the process of upskilling and changing my job in the next few months.
I would love if the members of the forum could advise me on this matter. I have little to no connections in the industry so it's been challenging to get help from experienced people.

My current situation:
I passed out last year. I have started working in a company in a role which is a mismatch to my skills. It's a non technical role.
I had to accept this role because the company didn't honour the previous offer and pushed to accept the current one with less pay.
This is due to the job shortages going on right now.

Skills:
I am proficient in frontend development. I have great knowledge of HTML/CSS. Intermediate in JavaScript and React.
I am currently learning NodeJS to foray into backend development.
I am also a intermediate level programmer in Python.
I have the required basic knowledge of Git and Linux terminal.
I am a beginner in DSA skills. That's my biggest weakness right now.

I am trying to switch to a job which requires programming skills in the next 3-4 months.

I am asking your advice on what skills would be great to learn during this period. I would be giving a lot of time to my preparation + DSA.
I have been told to learn Kubernetes, Docker or Cloud to make my resume better.

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can maximise my chances of landing a better job in the software industry.

She's in TCS for almost 16+ years now. Initial few years worked on desktop/server/network support team.
!6+ yrs and she might face some serious questions as to why she is going for a change after a loooong time.
Resigning is the best option albeit only after finding a suitable role outside..
Outside she can apply for infra manager spl. in cloud or as a solution architect.

Hello, everyone!
I would love if the members of the forum could advise me on this matter. I have little to no connections in the industry so it's been challenging to get help from experienced people.

My current situation:
I passed out last year. I have started working in a company in a role which is a mismatch to my skills. It's a non technical role.
I had to accept this role because the company didn't honour the previous offer and pushed to accept the current one with less pay.

Skills:
I am proficient in frontend development. I have great knowledge of HTML/CSS. Intermediate in JavaScript and React.

I am trying to switch to a job which requires programming skills in the next 3-4 months.

I am asking your advice on what skills would be great to learn during this period. I would be giving a lot of time to my preparation + DSA.

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can maximise my chances of landing a better job in the software industry.
Get a good grip on DSA and problem solving. Get proficient in JS. This alone will open multiple SDE-I level roles at startups for you.

Docker, Kubernetes etc you can learn while working, these are not a requirement for entry level devs for most roles. You can move towards full stack slowly afterwards.

Get a good grip on DSA and problem solving. Get proficient in JS. This alone will open multiple SDE-I level roles at startups for you.
Yeah, I am trying to get better at DSA.
I'll try to master JS and frontend a bit more. Then apply right away.
Docker, Kubernetes etc you can learn while working, these are not a requirement for entry level devs for most roles. You can move towards full stack slowly afterwards.
Thanks. I'll learn it later.

This is currently one of the highly demanded skills in the market. If she is good at Systems design (HLD & LLD) then it will be easy to land one of the Architect roles.
If she can do some coding (proficient in one of the coding languages like Java/Golang/Python etc) then all kinds of Staff/Principal Engineer roles can be explored.
She's not into coding. Always had worked on non coding tasks, like server management and service management etc.
It's difficult to start coding now.

After 16 years at TCS it's better to be there and upskill, get executive education and transition to a managerial/exec role
Well, that's the last resort of course. But just looking for options outside, if possible.

!6+ yrs and she might face some serious questions as to why she is going for a change after a loooong time.

Resigning is the best option albeit only after finding a suitable role outside..

Outside she can apply for infra manager spl. in cloud or as a solution architect.
- That 1st point shouldn't matter much. I have few friends who had switched after 15+ years in same org.
- finding is suitable role outside is what been worked up on now. Hence the query here.
- Thanks. Applied to a lots of such roles via linkedIn. But response is rare. Also few recruiters reach out, but seems 90days notice period is a put off for many. Is naukri (or any other platform) any good ?

Later worked for some banking project as SRE and now working as Cloud Solution consultant (helping companies to onboard to cloud). Got aws & azure professional certifications.

Aren't you the guy who got into Google some time back? Your friend could try to aim high and prepare for interviewing at Google Cloud division in Pune (not sure where else it may be located) and also other big cloud companies like AWS and Azure divisions. If she can prepare well and you maybe can get her a referral (interview at GCP) it's actually not impossible to land a role in one of the big 3 :) Good luck!

Hello, everyone!

My current situation:

Skills:

Which city?

To be honest, the current market still has many open positions for ACTUALLY GOOD frontend react developers. DM me, maybe I can hook you up with something!

Why does she want to switch after staying there for 16 years?
There's a lot - money/salary being one. May be work in some diff work setup/culture.
There's not much incentive to be in these indian service companies for long time if that's where your concern is coming from.
After certain level, the promotions becomes way too difficult (internal politics in most of times).

Aren't you the guy who got into Google some time back? Your friend could try to aim high and prepare for interviewing at Google Cloud division in Pune (not sure where else it may be located) and also other big cloud companies like AWS and Azure divisions. If she can prepare well and you maybe can get her a referral (interview at GCP) it's actually not impossible to land a role in one of the big 3 :) Good luck!

Yes I am still in Google. Thing is, I am only aware of the SDE route into the companies (dsa/leetcode/hld etc). And since she isn't into coding, never done in her career other than few scripting, it'll be way to difficult to pick up now and grind dsa at that level. Also, this is not her area of interest.

And since she isn't into coding, never done in her career other than few scripting, it'll be way to difficult to pick up now and grind dsa at that level. Also, this is not her area of interest.

GCP I'm sure has roles that do not require coding skills... max "Dev Ops" roles and I'm sure her existing role in "cloud solutions" would be relevant? I know it's hard to target these big cloud orgs but worth a shot IMHO unless it's really not her area of interest as you mention.

GCP I'm sure has roles that do not require coding skills... max "Dev Ops" roles and I'm sure her existing role in "cloud solutions" would be relevant? I know it's hard to target these big cloud orgs but worth a shot IMHO unless it's really not her area of interest as you mention.
pigging back on this, look up Solution Architect certifications on AWS (not sure if equivalent exists for GCP), those are of actual value and AWS requires them to be renewed every couple of years. Dev Ops is honestly one of the most underrated jobs in the world and the one where entry barrier is low if coding is not your cup of tea

Back