Carputer Rig

Gannu said:
But I've got to give it to you Nisarg! Absolutely flawless ICE setup and one of a kind. Right from the hidden cables, the touch based display and the neat integration of the display on the 2-DIN console without any dents or marks. Just that it seems craving for the new Windows 8 OS when it hits the market. :p

PS: Next time you are at Surat, give us folks a buzz!
Thanx Gannu. Yes I will let you know if i come around Surat. :)

Bdw. MetroSex UI Skin for CF.

5e84fc5d.jpg

1ee13634.jpg

RD274 said:
The carputer is truly awesome. I felt almost unreal to be tapping away on a 7" screen that ran Windows 7 IN AN EFFING CAR! Enjoy your systen Nisarg :)
Thanx Rene.

Metalspree said:
You still planning to come here ,if YES then i will take care of your car :p.

Why aren't tablets practical ??, I am planning to install ipad2 in my car but have no clue how to do it .Wish i could install this way in my car

[Video}iPad 2 in Car, Ford F150, First ever, @SoundManCA Facetime in your dash - YouTube[/Video]

No I am not coming there. I love my india. :bleh:

Well practical in the sense Tablets have lots of limitation.
it doesn't turn on with car.
sound output will be crap and not loud(even mine is not loud with onboard realtek).
You wont able to process sound.
you cant upgrade HDD, RAM etc.
you will attract thief. :D

Installing cap-pc needs Plan, budgate and patience. What exactly you want to achieve and how powerful you want to make. it is not one day Audio install. :)

Do Ping me if you need any help regarding carputer or even iPad or Tab install. :)

sunny27 said:
I personally checked it out along with my team when Nisarg dropped by at my office. It needs to be seen to be believed!! Its amazing and what is even more amazing is the woofers and music system installed in his car! Amazing job dude! Lets meet soon and talk shop!

Thanx. Where are you nowadays ?? sent you texts few weeks ago. Yup do plan the Ahmedabad meet. :p

cisco_tech said:
No I am not coming there. I love my india. :bleh:
After all that brainstorming session :p.Will ping you once i am back to India :). The audio output of ipad is pretty decent better than iphone4.I would love to install the ipad in car something similar to the video i posted.

@cisco_tech: Amazing setup and no words to describe the whole thing. This post started pinching me to go for the same. Would you please list out all the components and their expected prices (if possible, where to source), as I would like to go for it.

Thanx.tech4pk

You can get Mobo,RAM,Hdd from your local computer shop. And rest stuff from following site.

eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping

Car PC Systems in Mumbai, India | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies

http://www.mo-co-so.com/

http://store.mp3car.com/

Things i bought back in 2009 were cheap. and i have done lots of upgrades on mobo. Prices have gone higher on all components now. I will list down the each and every components soon.

Updating this thread almost after 10 years. I have sold my swift last week. clocked 2.02 lacs. Till disassembly date all the parts were working absolutely fine.
Not a single failure or random shutdown or anything. 160 GB HDD is still shows 0 bad sector.
AMP, SUB AND SPEAKERs moved to my other car.
Rest of the carputer stuffs up for sale in BUY/SELL section.

Back