Carputer Rig

Congrats... for the new pc

well don forget to upadte yr firmware.. i had the same hdd 7200.11 ST3500320AS.. with the same firmware version SD15...it has crashed.. check seagate s site for firmware flashing...

http://www.techenclave.com/storage-solutions/st3500320as-7200-11-dead-seagate-s-144146.html
u can find more posts in techenclave pertainin to the same topic...

loads of ppl (even me) have faced HDD breakdown with no possibility of Data recovery as the firmware is corrupt..

h0285
'
cisco_tech said:
Hi all
Building my carputer rig for my new Swift Vdi.

Intel Atom D945GCFL - 3640
Transcend 2GB DDR2 667 -1500
2.5" Seagate 160 GB HDD - 2800
DSC00002.jpg

Intel Atom
DSC00006-2.jpg

Ram
DSC00003.jpg

HDD
DSC00005-1.jpg

Also bought this 500 GB for Torrent Rig.
Seagate 7200.11 ST350032OAS (32 MB cache) - 3400
DSC00004-1.jpg

Will update once i get my remaining Stuffs (Touchscreen lcd, Enclosure , DC-DC Power Supply)
Thanx

Well. made few calls with bluetooth and andrea mic today.

seems working nicely. If CF can support SMS read option.that would be cool. hopefully in upcoming version 3. Dual Core Atom is totally worth. I can use now 2 sound cards.

^^ Thanx.

Centrafuse 3 is here. Have a look at it.

Clean_MainMenu.jpg

Centrafuse | A Whole New Way

Neat interface.

So far i am running XP performance edition with various tweaks. I managed to get 16 seconds cold start. and 11 seconds resume timing to Centrafuse Screen.

This zotac board is really going strong. worth every penny i spent.

Guys. Suggest me Mini-ITX form factor mobo with atleast 1 PCi expansion slot and cpu. budate for mobo and cpu is 8-10K.

Current Zotac board is going to be my HTPC rig.

I am soon selling my USB creative sound card due to hibernation and resume issue. it just doesn't perform well in carputer environment. though sound quality is good.

So I am planning to get PCI based sound card. yet to research on it. any suggestion ?

Guys. any suggestion ? I have seen few zotac motherboard but some of them are not available locally.

Main purpose of this RIG is Audio/Video/Navigation/Browsing. So dont want power hungry CPU but it should run Asus Xonar DX smoothly.

What's the current price of Asus Xonar DX ?

I remember somewhere it was told these asus zonar cards give out a thumping sound when powering up, not good for carputer. have a check on it.

Gigy. I will ask that on mp3car or flux forum. Few people are running 2 x Asus Xonar in their setup.

I am confused on Mobo and CPU. I mean what should i opt ?

Gigy. thing is stupid USB creative sound card. My card is not getting loaded after resuming the windows hence i have to manually disconnect and reconnect the sound card to load. and also i have to reload the CF to get the sound.

Zotac Atom is one of the best board. It is performing quite well. but it doesn't have any expansion slot.

lol. Yea. My TP is on the way to india. :D but not goona use it in car. tablets are not at all practical in car environment.

well many have installed ipad and galaxy tab. But i dont like them in car.

But I've got to give it to you Nisarg! Absolutely flawless ICE setup and one of a kind. Right from the hidden cables, the touch based display and the neat integration of the display on the 2-DIN console without any dents or marks. Just that it seems craving for the new Windows 8 OS when it hits the market. :p

PS: Next time you are at Surat, give us folks a buzz!

The carputer is truly awesome. I felt almost unreal to be tapping away on a 7" screen that ran Windows 7 IN AN EFFING CAR! Enjoy your systen Nisarg :)

cisco_tech said:
lol. Yea. My TP is on the way to india. :D but not goona use it in car. tablets are not at all practical in car environment.
well many have installed ipad and galaxy tab. But i dont like them in car.
You still planning to come here ,if YES then i will take care of your car :p.

Why aren't tablets practical ??, I am planning to install ipad2 in my car but have no clue how to do it .Wish i could install this way in my car

[Video}iPad 2 in Car, Ford F150, First ever, @SoundManCA Facetime in your dash - YouTube[/Video]

I personally checked it out along with my team when Nisarg dropped by at my office. It needs to be seen to be believed!! Its amazing and what is even more amazing is the woofers and music system installed in his car! Amazing job dude! Lets meet soon and talk shop!

Back