Carputer Rig

Dont use inverter for car use,
it will introduce noise in audio.
it cannot give uninterupted power supply.
it is dangerous in case some 220v power wire leaks.

gigy said:
Dont use inverter for car use,
it will introduce noise in audio.
it cannot give uninterupted power supply.
it is dangerous in case some 220v power wire leaks.

agreed, about the noise in audio ,mostly its the hiss sound u get in a amp driver by A.C which doesnt come in DC,but is only audible as u increase the volume to mid to higher levels.
well i have seen people using invertor in their cars quite often especialy in R.Vs and limos.

@voila
check out ebay.in.

I have used inverter in my initial setup and so advice against using it. i have it lying with me still, use it now to run small vacuum cleaner. its a fanless 150watt unit. You can live with the audio disturbance. Inverter produces AC.

How are you going to ensure uninterrupted power to pc during cranking? put another bike battery? you will have to again wire it to remain powered by this batt only during starting. its not worth the effort money wise and time wise.

DC-DC power supply is a must in car. auto power on and shut down is a nice feature in it and it remains powered during starting. don't crash the hard disk with sudden power interrupts.

i found out the problem for slow POST. it is USB Creative Sound card. If i remove the USB Sound card windows boot 14 seconds faster than earlier.

will have to find the solution for it.

G@d of w@r said:
Freakin sexy!! X-Fi in ur car!! wow!!
i think i will do that in my ANHC :D
i will surely contact you for that.
thanx. anytime bro.
Video is coming up. Ronnie will record it for me on the Saturday meet.:eek:hyeah:

..how did i miss this one ?

OMG freaking awesome setup ! total kickass ,Pimp my Ride style ! :D.

What speakers are you using .? there must be no need of a head unit nah ?

also if you dont mind can you let us know about the damage..wanted to know how big of a hole would it burn in the pockets :p.

FaH33m said:

also if you dont mind can you let us know about the damage..wanted to know how big of a hole would it burn in the pockets :p.

cisco_tech said:
Total Damage is 50K for ICE. 32K For kamputer including LCD.

that is one awesome carputer you have there mate, frikkin cool
i hope i am able topull off something like that one day.
cheers

I guess he must be using the HU with the carputer. But on the second thoughts maybe not as the HU area in the Swift is already taken by the LCD so i don't think that there is a HU possibility considering there is no space left. Also OP please put up the work log. I too am booking a Swift VDi soon and just hoping that i might too be able to put up something as cool as this.

Coming on to the pricing i believe that cost of that sound card itself is quite a bit to inflate the pricing. I am sure that if somebody who is spending 50K on the ICE would definitely not look anything less then perfect :D

Looking forward for your work log. Hopefully i would be able to imitate you(To put it blatantly). Though i would be using the Carputer for GPS and Blue tooth and few other computer related things other then music.

A little OT but i am sure you would be treating your car with good shoes. Wanted to know what rubber and alloys you have put in the car. If possible post a few pics.

TIA

Switch

Switch, you are looking at atleast a 30k figure for a carputer with the requirements of yours, plus the cost of whatever speakers/amps that you are going to install

@ Switch. HQ Pics coming up. We have carputer meet tomorrow. :)
Yes. LCD Has taken 2-DIN Slots. And HU is not at all required. When you have Brilliant Centrfuse Interface.
I bought the Creative X-Fi for 3.4K.
Front Compos. are Ground Zero GZRC 16X
SUB. - Ground Zero 12XD-AL
AMP. - Ground Zero Titanium GZTA 4.120MK²

Switch. will put up the worklog once i am done with it. I am yet to install lots of stuffs. Bluetooth, SoundMax Noise Cancellation Mic, MONO AMP.
Currently I am on stock rubber. Vitamin M is currently very low after Spending on carputer.:( But I need good rubber badly.

Here are the ICE Pics. Me and Ronnie did record the Video on saturday meet. He will post the video and rest pics.
Ground Zero
DSC00302-1.jpg

Amp.

DSC00277.jpg

12 XD-AL Sub

DSC00280.jpg

X-Over

DSC00285.jpg

Tweeter

DSC00288.jpg

Back