Carputer Rig

@amit. Car PC Systems | Vehicle Infotainment Solutions | iRide Technologies, Mumbai, India

I am using mini ITX cabby. check out Page # 2. for pics.

Thanx guys. there are lots of things to come . GPS, Bluetooth Phone Control.

Keyborad is damn small,sexy and handy. when you touch the trackball. LED glows. Bling Bling stuff ! :D

Btw. Internet Radio Streaming throughout city is too cool. Thanx to BSNL EV-DO. One of my friend was amazed when i was streaming US Radio Station. lol.

Wow... that is beautiful. Really neat stuff man!

And superczar.... I just saw your rig gallery... like wtf man... I had to swim out of my drool after I finished with it to type here. wtf... you bastard lol.

just one question! The HDD ur carputer uses has moving parts and all!

considering the state of roads in India(in general) wont the hdd like fail or something if the car goes over bumps! its literally gonna rattle the hdd real bad!

SSD is perfect for the job though!

I too was planning a carputer for my yet to be bought car! but when i thought about the HDD issue! all the dreaming process halted there and then!!:(

cuz hdd need to be perfectly stable and more or less in a stationary position to work as intended! wont the sudden bumps like damage the read heads or the platter itself!??:huh:

this issue has me really worried, as SSDs are wayyyy out of my budget!!:(

Looks really neat. This has got to be the ROTM. Will make sure you get nominated :)

Also a complete step by step work log for the same would be great. Also write a miniguide for the same. Will put it up on the portal itself.

@sohail99. I have mounted lappy HDD. which can take some move. + it sits on rubber based washer.

SSD is pretty expensive right now.

@Switch. will post the worklog.

@ Voila. that black creative box is Creative X-Fi Sound Card.

Thanks!! :D but still i think the bumps are gonna reduce the lifetime of the hdd like anything!!:S :(

I'm thinking of making the storage out of 3-4 32GB flash based drives!! lol!:rofl:

Respects man respects!

Awesome job there. I am also going to build the CarPC once done with my purchase of cycle.

However post many reads, it appears that a remote is better of then the touch screen. Cause somebody from the back may not find it convenient to reach to the screen.

Whats your take?

Thanks

~LT

Dont worry about the 2.5HD. mine is still running without any issue on mumbai roads for more than a year and till date no issue. mine is not even shock mounted like this one. SSD prices are crashing. touch screen is great feature, but if you want back seat use mount the screen or a second on headrest itself. you can also configure a media center remote if you need a remote.

i am building one for my safari too :) i wanted to ask if we can put normal 350w psu instead of dc-dc ? i have a slim case with 350w psu.

will that work ?

congrats cisco tech.:)
VOiLA said:
i am building one for my safari too :) i wanted to ask if we can put normal 350w psu instead of dc-dc ? i have a slim case with 350w psu.
will that work ?

then u will need to buy one of those car invertor they are the size of regular car audio amp.

Back