Storage Solutions Case for Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD

Neo-N

Skilled
Hi,

I need a case for my FreeAgent Go Portable HDD.

I currently have a local case that was good as I was not carrying my HDD anywhere.

But now I plan to carry it to places & need a better solution.

I need something like this:

colorcase2.jpg

This one is available on ebay.com for 9.99 $ Shipped.

But I thought I would ask fellow TE users if there is anything like this available locally.
That way I can avoid hassles of Overseas Shipping & Customs.

There are a few cases available on ebay.in but they appear to be generic cases & I dunno about their quality & if they would fit my drive well. :(

I do not want a overly premium product. Just something that fits the HDD snugly. :p

Any help appreciated. Thanx.

^^ Thanx.....

Actually, the Transcend Storejet 2.5" HDD has the USB Slot on the left corner whereas the Seagate Freeagent Go has the slot in the middle. That is my only concern.

I don't want a hole on the case that is misaligned..... :(

BTW, ur avatar is cool..... :)

Praks said:
The one shown in pic says water resistant.. But it has a zip in it. How will it protect against water ?
It says "Water Resistant" NOT "Water Proof".....

There is a difference.... Water resistant generally protects from occasional water splashes/drops whereas water proof can protect even when the product is submerged under water....

:D

Actually, I want to avoid it as I am looking for something similar locally. :(

But if I don't get any, I'll have to order it. Will let u know about it then....

BTW, I messaged the seller on ebay.in asking him If I could visit him personally to check the case (shown by R3D-D3V1L)& then buy it from him at same price (Discount not needed).

But he hasn't reverted yet.... :(

go for case logic..... distributor of case logic is in mumbai and prices are also reasonable.... contact details -

Aster Marketing Pvt. Ltd.

22-24, Dheeraj Heritage, 2nd Floor,

S.V. Road,

Santacruz (W),

Mumbai - 400 054, India

Tel: (Board) +91-22-2660-4459 /

2661-4107 / 2661-4187

Direct: +91-22-2660 8884

Fax: +91-22-2660 5963

Email: aster@bom5.vsnl.net.in

Site - http://www.caselogic.com

you will get whole range of cases for mobiles,hard drives,laptops,cd/dvd,ipods and many more......i myself got case for my external 3.5" from him....I hope this helps :)

^^ Hmmm.....

That's a huge amount to pay for a HDD Case..... I mean, the HDD itself costs 3.5k..... :p

And as it carries a 5 year warranty, I would rather get it spoiled & get it RMAed....!!! Lolzzz :D

But thanx neway, Santacruz is closer to my home & I'll try to find the price for my 2.5" drive. It might be less. :)

Now that's more reasonable.....

Will check with the dealer & get one if it fits my requirements.

Thanx Punker & karan_n8

If you look at the other listings of the seller on ebay.in, you'll notice he has put up the same product for Transcend/Seagate/WD. Several months ago, I had ordered one for my Seagate 2.5" and was not least bit disappointed with the case for the price I paid then. (275-150off voucher = Rs. 125/-)
Attached are the snapshots of the case that was sent to me.

OT: Thanks for the comments about my avatar; I just realized I haven't changed it ever since I joined TE quite a few years back!

nehaladsul said:
^^ Thanx.....

Actually, the Transcend Storejet 2.5" HDD has the USB Slot on the left corner whereas the Seagate Freeagent Go has the slot in the middle. That is my only concern.

I don't want a hole on the case that is misaligned..... :(

BTW, ur avatar is cool..... :)

Attachments

• 09112010289.jpg
    09112010289.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 122
  • 09112010286.jpg
    09112010286.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 09112010287.jpg
    09112010287.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 119
^^ Hey.... That's a decent case....

Thanx for taking the trouble to put up snaps..... Repped u.... :)

I am definitely buying this one.... BTW, does ur drive rattle/move around in the case causing the drive to get scratched??

Thanx again.... :)

^^ My apologies for the delayed response; have been busy traveling of late.

As for the question - No, the drive doesn't rattle/move around thanks to the band (pls. check 2nd image) that secures the disk firmly in its place.

Cheers!

Back