OC & Modding Case mod!!! BIG one....

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
well...its all done...here r the pics..sorry for being late :bleh:

teflon wasnt available, so went in for a PU (PolyUrethane) coating....

and no, it isnt black :bleh:

012en.jpg

Notice the mobo plate and the 5.25 bays....brushed metal. does not look god on the cam, but rocks when u see it with ur eyes, see it to believe it :tongue:

024fi.jpg

032rq.jpg

055ni.jpg

049vj.jpg

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
use some brighter lighting so that we can see the case better.. how soon before we see it all set up ?;)

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
well..have plans to throw this in the attic and use a VIP 730 instead :p lets see what happens...;)

lighting...will take it onto the roof and click pics ;) ok?? :bleh:

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
well...realised 2 points.

1. No Power, reset buttons, no power HDD leds...
2. No place to put up HDDs :(

so..rolled back to 80%, have a grand plan to integrate them both into a awesome combo :eek:hyeah: expect something great in 3 days....

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
currently i only have place for 2 HDDs in my cabinets and i need 4. So i used to keep then at the bottom of the case. Now A8N SLI has solved this problem and i can keep my HDDs outside the case,. Plug in the extra HDD when and as i need without opening the case. That is one smart add on card a8n sli has provided.

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
well.....solved both problems :D

making prototypes of my new HDD Cage :D will be done by today evening.

here r the pics.....i absolutely lovvvvve my new power and reset buttons :D :D :D :clap:

buttons...hmm..i had bought a couple of ordinary buttons for Rs8. then saw theses..damn...they are a real joy to press :clap: but costly, Rs35 each witch :( aaah...dont mind...its reeeally good :D :D :D

512.jpg

511.jpg

510.jpg

509.jpg

508.jpg

ofcopurse the LEDs are temporary...saw some cabinet, it had a neat LED light effect, liked it at once :D will do the same for the power and HDD LEDs.

507.jpg

506.jpg

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
dude... you still did'nt get no snaps of a front on view or a backside shot....
looks pretty damn cool tho.. gr8 work...

TheMask

Skilled
Jan 3, 2005
sunmysore said:
then saw theses..damn...they are a real joy to press but costly, Rs35 each witch

dood where did u get those? Anurag? elsewhere? been looking for something like those for sometime now.. :D

Satan

Adept
Apr 19, 2005
Great Job, although I must say considering its brushed metal and after sanding there are quite a few scratches on the surface... Take it to a car dealership where there are PTFE applicators. After applying the basic Prep, Macro and Micro Fine Scratch removers and the Final Ultrashine PTFE (Teflon) compund, you will have to strain your eyes to find any scratches and the finish will be unparalleled. Extremely High Mirror Finsh. will definitely be much better than regular laquer and Metal polishes.

Satan

Adept
Apr 19, 2005
While being on the subject of modding, can anybody here help me out with custom fan grills? How much might they cost and will they also do laser cutting for powder coated side panels? I guess this is directed at Sunny.
Cheers... Love what you guys have done with Tech-Arena... 'Tech-Enclave --- Shoot for the stars'... Excellent Job

TheMask

Skilled
Jan 3, 2005
Satan said:
While being on the subject of modding, can anybody here help me out with custom fan grills? How much might they cost and will they also do laser cutting for powder coated side panels?

hehhee. . slow down a bit there.. :p.. well.. there are no laser cutting shops here but there is this artist who can cut the exact designs on think sheet metals / acrylic.

Satan said:
Cheers... Love what you guys have done with Tech-Arena... 'Tech-Enclave --- Shoot for the stars'... Excellent Job

Yep.. what we did at TA was good.. we strive to be much better this time around.. with all ur wishes and support :hap2:

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
Hi Satan,

Actually this was sanded (damn thing gets rusted just 30 mins after sanding :cursing: ) and buffed ;) not totally buffed, coz the metal was too thin and if he attempted advanced buff, the flatness of the side panel wud be history :p

got the metal coated with PolyUrethane....Teflon was just tooooo costly....

BTW, u might be interested to see this too..... http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12020&postcount=9