OC & Modding Caselabs SM8 Build - EVO IV

The lighting effect is fantastic ...

May i suggest one more thing... Since you are working so hard to make this build a master piece of modding.. It will be great if you use acrylic tubes instead of pvc flexible tubes, like below..

Let me ask which one of the following looking killer...
SBsOs.jpg

or this one

_MG_0034.JPG

Rakesh, believe me when I say that I thought about this long and hard. The fittings themselves ost a pretty penny, not taking into account the additional rotaters, extensions etc. All in all, even with a simple loop th cost just goes up exponentially. Also one small error in judgement means a couple of more fittings.

The second thing that made me stay away is that I need a system that is easily serviced and easy to change parts out from, which in this case is just not possible. I keep changing out parts quite often and even a small change would mean pulling a substaitial amount of it down to work on it.

These two reasons have made me keep away. On another note have any of you managed to see something like this locally?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...bra_SS_Cable_Bundler_-_Black_PCS-CB-4-BK.html

Its really a pain and with all the dust that tends to acumalate, system maintainence is a must. These are show systems that probably run the way they are for max a year or so and are then broken up, maybe to start a new project or whatever. The one you posted above is using some type of colored fluid as well and thats not helping the system either.

Sorry guys been out of it for a while...

Warning...the Steam summer sale is extremely harmful to your wallet and kind of takes away a lot of your life....no time for modding..

So here is a list of games so far....and I must say TR looks awesome..

1. Torchlight 2
2. Borderlands 2
3. Dishonoured
4. Max Payne 3
5. Tropico 4
6. Tomb Raider....

On a serious note a fitting and some cable clips are in the house and should be worked into the build soon enough. Also just ordered a new SSD...pics soon..

And this is now DONE!!!!

You guys cant believe how happy I am at the way it has finally all panned out. This build had its share of bad luck, but I think finally things have fallen into place way better than I imagined. Thanks for the support and the ideas. I have still a few small things to do, but since I dont have a time line for them right now, I guess I will revive the thread when I do get the time.

Hope you guys like the pics:

zUV0x1F.jpg

tts8yg1.jpg

LWse7Vp.jpg

E1lp9FK.jpg

fZbZj1A.jpg

aWH50G1.jpg

c5tJuF1.jpg

Thanks for all the support....[DOUBLEPOST=1374487006][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for all the likes guys...I wish some of you would post some criticism as well. Goes a long way in getting the smaller things right as well. Cheers.

Amazing man. You and Rakesh are the inspiration I need for my build.
If it is ok can you guide me in choosing some components for my build.
Also when do we get to see a good fan/pump controller like Aquero 5 in your builds.:D

Have you taken a look at the Primochill rigid acrylic tubing. I was pretty impressed from their demo video. you can heat it up and mold it into any shape you want.The only trouble was that they have designed a custom fitting which is expensive as hell.

I was just adding stuff to my wish list on Frozencpu and before I knew, there was stuff worth $300 and I hadn't even started on the loop components.

Edit - My bad. Didn't see you are using the Alphacool Heatmaster already.:(

Well, finally its over....I guess

Finally got a chance to get a waterblock for the GPU and now with just one or two more things to go, I can say I am almost there. The cables for the GPU look a bit odd as the Zotac 770 GTX uses the 680 ref board. Any help on this would be awesome as well.

nJuVrUE.jpg

Just the way I like it, plain and simple.

hbi1Dln.jpg

No fins, handles, cuts mesh..etc.. Like I said, plain and straight..:)

ZL2AaXI.jpg

Onto the inside. There are three pairs of QD's. The third is behind the motherboard tray. I would love to be all about the look, but it has to be practical as well.

k70FAIa.jpg

My new AC block. All I can say is wow. After playing with EK GPU blocks for the last two upgrades, this one is a whole lot easier to install and the quality is extremely good. I really like it.

Ri7zPSa.jpg

With the lights on....

I hope you guys like it...and am open to any criticism. Please do give me your feedback.

Back