casual gaming system for 23K :)

thenga

Disciple
  • Q: What is your budget?
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • HDD 160GB Seagate
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • HDD 160GB Seagate
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  • Processor Intel Core i3 2100

Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2P-B3

RAM Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz

PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD

GPU MSI R6570-MD2GD3/LP

Monitor Dell IN2030M
  • but open to any suggestion
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• no more upgrades
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • kerala\banglore
    • Open to online purchase
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • assassin's creed revelations, batman arkham asylum, dirt etc
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    • Gaming - 1920x1080
    • Desktop - 1920x1080
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 or XP

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH61-WW ~3500/- OR GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2P-B3-3500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 2GB x2 1333MHz ~1400/- OR Corsair XMS3 2GB x2 1333MHz ~1400/-

Sapphire HD6670-5400/- OR HD6570-4700/-

Fsp Sagaii 400W-1800/-

Zebronics bijli-1200/-

Dell IN2030M-6000/-

Logitech KEY/Mouse Combo-700/-

Samsung 22X SATA DVD R/W-1000/-

Hope this helps.
<

Stretch the budget a bit 26k is the total of the above rig,i don't see anything cheaper than that,you'd have to cut the cpu to Intel G620-3500/- otherwise everything is tightened up.

thanks jakob
<
but my budget is only 23K
<

How long do you intend to stick with this setup, if it is less than ~1 -- 2 years you can invest in the following setup --

AMD A6 3650 ~5500/-

Gigabyte GA-A75-S2V ~5500/-

[rest configuration same as above]

if you want to keep it more than ~1 -- 1.5 years, then I suggest you go with the RIG that #Jakob suggested.

i want to use it for more than four years. Is AMD A6 3650 as good as core i3? any other options in monitor and graphics card to bring the price under 24K?

Sir i'd suggest you to go for i3+gpu,which would be better in long term,The monitor is the cheapest from dell,i'd say you can cut the gpu to HD6570 GDDR3 1GB-2.7k-http://www.primeabgb...emart&Itemid=53

Another monitor option is Benq G922HDL-5k-http://www.theitwares.com/benq-g922hdl-inch-wide-monitor-p-948.html
i want to use it for more than four years. Is AMD A6 3650 as good as core i3? any other options in monitor and graphics card to bring the price under 24K?

No go for the Core i3 then, it is a much more powerful processor, even after being a dual core [with two hyper-threaded cores].

Also the H61 motherboard, with its LGA 1155 socket can accommodate Ivy-Bridge processors if you want to upgrade this system later.

Hey thanks #Jakob a bit woozy right now. Cheers!!

H61 Keyboard?,Correct that with mobo if that's what you were saying.
<

No go for the Core i3 then, it is a much more powerful processor, even after being a dual core [with two hyper-threaded cores].

Also the H61 keyboard, with its LGA 1155 socket can accommodate Ivy-Bridge processors if you want to upgrade this system later.

thenga for your intended use, I think Intel B620 is sufficient and the money saved over i3 should be use for a better graphic card and display.

thenga for your intended use, I think Intel B620 is sufficient and the money saved over i3 should be use for a better graphic card and display.

OP wants to use this system for the next ~ 3 -- 4 years, the G620 doesn't have sufficient muscle to power his work till then. Plus the G620 now will cap his upgrade options, pertaining to a powerful graphics adapter which will make it pointless to get a large display.

Back