cdac embedded course or job in tcs ???

hello friendzzz....need ur valuable suggestions..
i am in b.tech final yr ece. m placed in IT company TCS during campus placement drive…I remain topper in my college as i have studied my subjects deeply and logically…during my 2 & 3 rd year i took training on microcontrollers and thus my interest aroused in embedded systems. I am very much interested to learn practical skills in embedded system which only CDAC provides…but at the same time i know scope of embedded system is yet not so good in india and growth is slow as compared to IT industry….This is one situation..2nd situation is my family financial is not so good as i have to spend 70 k on cdac post graduate course plus cost of residing in pune( if i get it ) and then after doing the course i m confidant enough that with my hard work i can crack another job from dere…so m very confused that should i go with my interest of embedded system and leave the brand name like tcs or shoud join tcs considering my family needs ( which could be adjusted bcz after that whole life i will be earning) .plzz sir guide me….thanking you in advance !!!

My Suggestion... Join TCS for now...
Settle down professionally and financially by working there for couple of years...
You can then pursue your dream later... Once you have some experience under your belly, finding jobs would not be a trouble...
But as a fresher, thing would get nasty if you do not crack a job after the CDAC course...

@bhaskarvyas001
u r absolutely right. will it be good...if i join cdac for gaining knowledge.......most probably tcs joining would come in feb as expected....then i would be having options to either join tcs or the other company in which i would get placed from cdac.....?? or in case if tcs joining comes in between the course then leave the course and join tcs....?? please suggest...

Standing in two boats is never advisable...
That way you will never be content and will never be able to justify any of them...
Having said that there are number of situations that can come across,
1. You join CDAC and before TCS joining comes you complete your course and get placed --> PERFECT
2. You join CDAC and before TCS joining comes you complete your course and do not get placed --> Money wasted + frustration
3. You join CDAC and before you complete your course ;TCS joining comes (You decide to continue with CDAC and get placed) --> PERFECT
4. You join CDAC and before you complete your course ;TCS joining comes (You decide to continue with CDAC and not get placed) --> Money wasted + frustration + no career
5. You join CDAC and before you complete your course ;TCS joining comes (You decide to dis-continue with CDAC) --> Money wasted

Considering your financial problem and the stability you need at present; I would still not take chances.
TCS is a good brand. You will get to learn a lot there.
May be what you can do is after joining TCS, take part time course with CDAC to quench your interest in embedded systems.
Keep in touch with latest updates in this field and keep gaining knowledge around the domain.
After few years when you think it is time; you change job to a company that works in this area.

Hope that helps.

If you do decide to join CDAC DESD this year, aim for Pune only. Do not even think about Bangalore KP. Vasu sir and Babu sir have left the organization this year. Babu sir will teach in Pune only.

I support hotshot05 too...
If you decide to join CDAC, please join the Pune branch as it is the oldest and best of all the branch...
Also, the probability of placement is better here...

Back